hawki321

[SOLVED] MBAE blocking Silverlight/Netflix

After today's Window's update my MBAE Netflix stating it has blocked an exploit and after I close the warning I see that "the Silverlight plug-in has crashed."

I shielded Silverlight in MBAE because I have been unable to install one of last month's Windows updates that cleared an exploit in Silverlight.

Has anyone else shielded Silverlight and getting this?

Using Firefox 33.xxxx
After today's Window's update my MBAE Netflix stating it has blocked an exploit and after I close the warning I see that "the Silverlight plug-in has crashed."

I shielded Silverlight in MBAE because I have been unable to install one of last month's Windows updates that cleared an exploit in Silverlight.

Has anyone else shielded Silverlight and getting this?

Using Firefox 33.xxxx

After today's Windows update, MBAE Premium is blocking Silverlight on Netflix.

I shielded Silverlight, because, despite several attempts and advice from Windows Support,  I have been unable to install a Windows update from last month that fixed a vulnertability in Silverlight 3.5.

I have Silverlight 4.5 installed, but that includes Silverlight 3,5.

After I close the warning I see a message that "the Silverlight plug-in has crashed."

I am using FF 33.xxx

Anyone else experiencing this??

Is it a false positive???

CORRECTION ABOVE:

First line shouid read:

"After today's Window's update my MBAE Premium is blocking Silverlight in Netflix stating it has blocked an exploit and after I close the warning I see that "the Silverlight plug-in has crashed."

I see that today's Windows updates included a Silverlight Update, but it does not appear to be a security update.

Correction-I'm Sorry

I shielded NetFramork 3.5, not Silverlight

It was a NetFramework 3.5 Update I could not install.

I just installed Chrome and I am getting the same problem.

The problem appears to be with the new Silverlight in today's update.

The Issue appears to be with today's uipdate of Silverlight.

I Uninstalled Silverlight and reinstalled. Everything is fine. BUT, the fresh reinstall DOES NOT INCLUDE today's Silverlight Update. I did a check for new updates and Windows Update now shows I need to ionstall today's Silverlight Update.

So it appears I am faced with a dedcision to not use MBAE or not install today's Silverlight Update.

OoPs-Just noticed a [sOOVED] Silverlight Thread below:-)

I'm still using a 1.04.xxxxxx Version -- Didn't know there was a newer version that apparently deals with Silverlight issues.

But still, the issue only arose after today's Windows Silverlight Update.

Thanks for posting hawki321.

Our QA department has been able to replicate the Silverlight crash. Interestingly Silverlight crashes even without MBAE, so it seems there is a problem with the upgrade released by Microsoft.

We continue investigating.