Hovi

Hello,

The website that I manage is currently throwing a False Positive for some users.  I received this information about the block already

I was given this information already by a member of the team:

You say the site is being blocked but I do not show that IP as being blocked.

IP address: 198.12.15.174
Host name: se7ensins.com
Alias: se7ensins.com

The IP you show in your image is not the same one as the site.
This IP is blocked but it does not belong to the website you provided. 93.115.83.244

IP address: 93.115.83.244
Host name: d.c.b.a-nia.romaninternet.com
93.115.83.244 is from Romania(RO) in region Eastern Europe

Based on the file shown I'm guessing you're using VPN software from PrivateInternetAccess

You may find the following link of some value.

https://www.privatei...ns-of-rubyw-exe

Using a different VPN software product not based on Ruby might be better to use.

I have suspected that it was something to do with VPN software after doing research on that file.

However, we just recently had reports of Avast reporting this False Positive as well:

http://prntscr.com/5erhym

These users are not being given this detection on any other website besides ours on both your product or Avast.  That is where the confusion is coming from.

se7ensins.com has been removed from hpHosts.

Thank you for the update!  Is there any information that you can provide me that may help me with my discussion with Avast?  These warnings seemed to only cause issues with VPN users and after we had some short periods of downtime.  

• 2 weeks later...

meditek:

This is Hovi's thread.  If you have an issue, please start your own thread.

Please reference: Important: Please Read Before Reporting A False Positive

Post #2

If you are not a member of Staff or Experts group please do not reply to other users posts in either the File or Web Blocking forums.

Thank you for understanding.