Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

MBAE Removal Tool

nheimler

I couldn't find much on this, so I'm asking. :)  Is there a removal tool just like MBAM-Clean for MBAE?  Just curious.  I can go in and find the registry entries and folders etc and delete them myself but thought I would inquire if there was any chance this was coming.  Thanks again!

Look in your Windows Start Menu.  There are links to launch MBAE, as well as to uninstall it.  If you have Windows 8 (sorry), there's an entry in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

Look for unins000.exe in that folder.  Either way will uninstall it cleanly.

• Staff

There will be some leftovers in the registry and user-data directory that the uninstaller does not delete in case users re-install the product it in the future. These can be safely irgnored as they will not affect performance in any way, but if you want to manually get rid of them, they are the following:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (32bit OS)

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (64bit OS)

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

PS: moving to Questions sub-forum.