Add (94.242.216.69) to Web Exclusions

After updating to 2.0.4 I have noticed something that truly bugs me.  :unsure:

When I right click on the MWB icon in my system tray, I find the following . . . Add (94.242.216.69) to Web Exclusions

Due to the nature of right-clicking this icon, I cannot capture a screen shot image to attach to this post.  However, I can recreate its location as follows . . .

Malware Protection
Malicious Website Protection
--------------------------------------------------------------
Start with Windows
Add (94.242.216.69) to Web Exclusions
Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Check for Updates
Exit

Checking the location of this IP Address . . . findip-address states it is located in Europe, specifically in Schoos Luxembourg near CR 120.

I have not and WILL NOT allow this CRAP to be added to Web Exclusions, but I do want to undertand why it appears?

Thanks in advance for your support.

CurlySue :)

Hello:

It's hard to say without more information (e.g. MBAM protection logs* and diagnostic logs).

AFAIK, the 2.0.4 upgrade did not affect the Web/IP Protection Module (it related to the Malware Protection module). So one would not expect any new behavior from the Web Protection feature after upgrading from 2.0.3.

EDIT: If you would like the Research Team to evaluate the IP in question, then I suggest that you please do the following:

• Please read this sticky with instructions: Important: Please Read Before Reporting A False Positive
  • Then, please submit the requested information (and a protection log*) in a new post here: Website Blocking
  • The Research Staff will evaluate the IP and determine if the block is appropriate. EDIT: Technically, what you are reporting is a suspicious IP, not an MBAM False Positive.  But the Malware Team that works on the IP blacklist works in that area of the forum.

OTOH, if you are unfamiliar with the IP and did not knowingly set the Web Exclusion yourself, then it might be a good idea to have an expert assist you with looking into your issue.  To do that, please do the following:

Thanks,

---------------------------

*How to get PROTECTION or SCAN logs:
(Export log to save as a txt file for posting in the forum when requested)

• Open MBAM.
  • Click on the HISTORY tab > APPLICATION LOGS.
  • Double-click on the PROTECTION LOG or SCAN LOG which corresponds to the date/time in question (or the one you are asked to post).
  • Click EXPORT.
  • Click TEXT FILE (*.txt)
  • In the "Save File" dialog box which appears, click on DESKTOP.
  • In the FILE NAME box, type a name for your scan log.
  • A message box named "File Saved" should appear, stating that "Your file has been successfully exported".
  • Click OK.
  • Attach the saved log to your next reply.