Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

Recent re-install, Malwarebytes still 'crippled'.

chooki

Hi everyone.

First of all, peer 2 peer programs are off and have been prevented from starting with Windows in msconfig.

I formatted 2 or 3 weeks ago and some problems still persist. The computer behaves strangely sometimes.

Using Internet Explorer, my Total Defense anti-virus website checker usually has green, amber or red icons next to links in Facebook and Google. Instead I see small squares with a black x within. This problem has persisted since before the recent re-install.

When I start the computer, alos as before the recent re-install, Malwarebytes Pro sometimes does not start and when it does, it's usually crippled. Malicious website protection is disabled and if it's not, after a few seconds it is. Clicking 'fix now' does not always fix it. Sometimes exiting Malwartebytes and re-starting it cures the problem, at other times it's necessary to re-install Malwarebytes over the top. That always fixes it...... temporarily. Most times I hibernate the pc and today when I woke the computer from hibernation, Malwarebytes did not start and it was running at last shutdown.

After I started Malwarebytes today, for the first time a dialogue box popped up: "Malwarebytes was unable to load the Anti-Rootkit DDA Driver, this error may be cause by rootkit activity. Do you want to reboot the system and attempt to install the driver?"

Afterwards, all seemed fine and a scan of the OS drive with MB turned up nothing. Also, the MB anti-root kit program with current signatures found nothing.

I am at a loss about what to do next. May I have some help please?

I cannot post the FRST and Addition logs because they make the post too long but I'll attach them if desired.

• 2 months later...
  • Root Admin

We're sorry. It looks like your topic was somehow overlooked. Due to the length of time we'll go ahead and close this topic now but if you still actually need help please send a private message to one of the Moderators and we'll assist you.

Thank you and sorry we missed your topic.