"open software updater" virus

Hi there.

It looks like I picked up something calling itself 'Open Software Updater' at Putlocker.is website. Searched and found a post from June where the forum deity known as MrCharlie, posted instructions for removal. I'm choosing to hold off and instead wait for answers from the heavens. 

I did do system restore back up and I saw that there is one from 2 days ago, as well.

Haven't opened Malwarebytes. Nervous. It shows as version 1.0.1.711 when arrow hovers over file. 

Thanks for your help

k

Hello karrieann:

If you believe you would be more comfortable with professional malware removal assistance then I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal Help, please make reference to this thread.

If you would like to get off to a very fast start, the Malware Removal Experts would appreciate it if you would also Copy and Paste (not attach) both the FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1 into your new topic.

Thank you. :)

P1N,

Hello and thank you for your reply. 

I did post in Malware Removal Help after poking around the site farther and finding the thread you noted. I hoped to be able to come back to this thread and delete it so I wouldn't have 2 running about the same issue, but I could not find a way to do that. I made sure to reference this so maybe someone could delete this one.

Gonna hold tight for the moment and see if I get a reply in the Malware Removal Help area. I decided to open, update and run Malwarebytes and no issues were found. Also ran the diagnostics program and pasted the results. 

I did find some guides on other sites to get rid of this virus but I like this forum and trust the smarties here. I don't want to make things worse because as far as I can tell, my computer seems to be fine. But ...  

Thanks again !