Weird registry key has appeared HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Æ’AÆ’vÆ’Å Æ’PÂ [more]

I just noticed in HKCU\Software a new key, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ƒAƒvƒŠƒP [ƒVƒ‡ƒ“ ƒEƒBƒU [ƒh‚Å ¶ ¬‚³‚ꂽƒ  [ƒJƒ‹ ƒAƒvƒŠƒP [ƒVƒ‡ƒ“

I have no reason to suspect that I might be infected by malware, since I have MBAM Pro, NIS, SAS Pro, as well as Zemana, but one never knows. Perhaps that key is merely a software license of some program or other, but one would expect a programmer to hide it a little better. I could export it, delete it, then wait and see if something stops working. There is no data on any of the subkeys that gives me a clue as to what it is. I do visit the registry regularly, and I would think that I would have seen it if it had been there all this time.

The subkey is EasyConfig which has 13 value entries, one default, 11 different "Col" DWord values, plus a binary value named EasyConfigDlgSize. My friend Google tells me about a program called EasyConfig, but I've never heard of it.

Does anyone have any idea what this is or if it is related to malware? Doing a Google search for part of the key value gives me only 9 hits, but the relevant ones all seem to be concerned about malware, but are, alas, in other languages. https://www.google.com/search?num=30&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=fflb&q=%C3%86%E2%80%99A%C3%86%E2%80%99v%C3%86%E2%80%99%C3%85%C2%A0%C3%86%E2%80%99P%C3%82&oq=%C3%86%E2%80%99A%C3%86%E2%80%99v%C3%86%E2%80%99%C3%85%C2%A0%C3%86%E2%80%99P%C3%82&gs_l=serp.3...3430.3876.0.4778.2.2.0.0.0.0.115.221.0j2.2.0....0...1c.1.58.serp..2.0.0.X3ucO6z-hD0

• 3 months later...
  • Root Admin

We're sorry. It looks like your topic was somehow overlooked. Due to the length of time we'll go ahead and close this topic now but if you still actually need help please send a private message to one of the Moderators and we'll assist you.

Thank you and sorry we missed your topic.