Scan Results Right Click menu

After finishing a scan, the results page displays, however the newer GUI version (v2.0.3.1025) does not allow the right click menu to open for multiple selections. I must either use "quarantine all" or individually change their options. Being that there is usually a mix of both unwanted and wanted programs on my computer. I have to change them all manually, and sometimes there is a lot of them.

How do I change multiple detected objects at once? If not, how do I go back to the older GUI?

Also, there is an option to "view details," once click, the new window displays all zeros, for values, and no results are shown.

Export option also displays zeros and no results.

Here is the older version:

https://blog.malwarebytes.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/7aa2e55d86a1b444be5457d3019aa6cb.png

Windows 8 (64-Bit)

Malwarebyte's Antimalware (Premium) v2.0.3.1025

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Okay I believe I see what you mean. No there is no "check box" like there used to be. By default all items will be checked for quarantine and there is a button go Quarantine all. You now need to click the down arrow under Action item to either ignore once or add an exclusion. If you were doing research work and doing this often the check box method would be quicker but it still allows the option to decide what you want to do. If you exclude it then we'll not find it again

So though not quite as fast as a check box method, again it should only be a one time effort on your part. If we're detecting many things that you believe are not a threat then you should report them for us to check on.

Thank you

Okay I believe I see what you mean. No there is no "check box" like there used to be. By default all items will be checked for quarantine and there is a button go Quarantine all. You now need to click the down arrow under Action item to either ignore once or add an exclusion. If you were doing research work and doing this often the check box method would be quicker but it still allows the option to decide what you want to do. If you exclude it then we'll not find it again

So though not quite as fast as a check box method, again it should only be a one time effort on your part. If we're detecting many things that you believe are not a threat then you should report them for us to check on.

Thank you

Check box? Are you referring to the previous version? I don't seem to be able to use or activate this option.

I did however find that the mouse will can rapidly scroll though the options while over a drop-down menu after scanning, this greatly helps.

The problem lies in the fact that I download and try new programs all the time. Most of which will probably be uninstalled for a better program later.

Some of these programs are easily detected because they change/modify/access parts of the computer that could be dangerous if they were controlled by malicious person (or someone who had no idea what he was doing).

Therefore Malwarebytes SHOULD (and does) detect all of them. However, I have to add them all to exclusions list manually and individually. Each time I have a new one. The checkbox method before worked fine and was simple.

It appears I have to live with the mouse wheel scroll as there is no "check all highlighted" option anymore (along with other useful options).

If there is a way to use the checkbox options currently, please let me know me how.

• Root Admin

I'm sorry but unfortunately our product is not really geared for that type of workflow. The 1.75 for consumers is no longer officially supported either so you're currently limited to the way it's programmed. I cannot say if it will change in a future update or not but I would doubt it.