https://hub.spigotmc.org/

David_B

It would appear that the Spigot dev hub has been blacklisted in the Malwarebytes database. Spigot is a derivative of the modded Minecraft server software, Bukkit. For whatever reason, adding the dev hub to my exception list allowed me to access it through a web browser, but it caused other problems that could only be fixed by temporarily disabling malicious website protection.

http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/spigot-1-8-compiling-problems.36714/

How does Spigot violate the Malwarebytes Software Piracy Policy? I know all about that DMCA business they were dealing with, but the issue has been resolved. Instead of distributing illegal downloads of the compiled jar, the distribute a jar file that downloads and compiles the source code on your computer. It's a workaround but it's not illegal.

You failed to include the IP that is being blocked. On looking at hub.spigotmc.org (not blocked nor is the parent domain) it resolves to 93.114.40.180 which is not a F/P due to an on ongoing Voxility investigation.

Earlier when I tried to access the site through a web browser, it was blocked. It appears that at this time, I can access the site without the need to add it to my website exceptions. Can somebody please fill me in on this Voxility thing? I've Googled it and found nothing. The only thing I have found is that Voxility appears to be a DDoS protection service and that Malwarebytes blocks access to their website. What does this have to do with Spigot?

• Staff

Can somebody please fill me in on this Voxility thing? I've Googled it and found nothing. The only thing I have found is that Voxility appears to be a DDoS protection service and that Malwarebytes blocks access to their website. What does this have to do with Spigot?

Voxility is the hoster that owns the IP where hub.spigotmc.org resides. Voxility ignores abuse reports sent to them. Their IP's have been housing all sorts of badness for years.

Voxility is the hoster that owns the IP where hub.spigotmc.org resides. Voxility ignores abuse reports sent to them. Their IP's have been housing all sorts of badness for years.

Oh. This is going to sound stupid, but why do you penalize legitimate sites that use illegitimate hosting?