Can't Install Malwarebytes

Two part question.

1. New computer that came with free Webroot internet security suite. I've got MBAM to install the setup program to my desktop, but when I try and run it, webroot is blocking it with a threat detected message. I even selected it to allow the setup.exe program, but it still will not allow me to install. Keeps giving me threat detected messages. I'm new To Webroot (had Avast free version on old XP computer) so I am not real familiar with using the permissions portion to allow malwarebytes to install. I've posted a similiar thread over at the webroot community forum and am waiting for a response there as well, just thought maybe someone here has had a similar problem?

2. Old computer cannot acces internet anymore. I had a subsription to the pro version on that computer and now I want to continue with it on my new computer. Is it as simple as re-registering it with the ID and license key?

Do i have unregister/ uninstall it on the old computer first? If so can I do so without internet access on old computer?

I know this is a lot to chew on, but at this point I'm stuck and am not particularly savy when it comes to computers.

Thanks in advance.

Hi:

Many of the AVs "complain" when trying to install other security applications.
This is largely a marketing issue, more than a real compatibility problem (they want you to use *their* product).

You may have to fully uninstall MBAM > reboot > temporarily disable Webroot > install MBAM > set mutual exclusions between MBAM and Webroot > re-enable Webroot.
The details are explained here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
The screen shot shows how to add the AV folder (in this case, it shows Kaspersky) to MBAM exclusions.
And the text below lists the MBAM files to add to Webroot exclusions.

As far as the license -- a 1-PC, consumer, lifetime license can be activated on only 1 PC at a time.
The "best practice" is to remove the license info from the "old" computer before installing and activating MBAM on the "new" computer.
You then use the same license ID/key to activate MBAM 2.0 Premium on the "new" computer.
That is called a license transfer: How do I transfer my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware license to a different computer?
If the "old" computer is running MBAM 2.0 Premium, then you just need to open the dashboard > "My Account" > "Deactivate". That will convert the MBAM to the Free version.
If the "old" computer is running MBAM 1.x Pro, then you would need to uninstall MBAM in order to remove the license info.  You can then reinstall the Free version, if you wish.
If there is any chance that the "old" computer will ever have internet access, then removing the license info would be a good idea.
Otherwise, the license servers could detect 1 lifetime license activated on 2 computers, and that could result in blacklisting.

Please post back and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
-------------------

Please exclude the following files from your Antivirus Software for your version of Windows:

For 32 bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7 & 8:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware \mbamscheduler.exe

Note: If you are using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall, you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE and MBAMSERVICE.EXE from it as well.

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

post-29793-0-22553700-1417095315_thumb.p