How many Windows updates are enough

AdvancedSetup

I feel sorry for those people in the UK villages that get 2mb connections (at best) and others in worse off areas of the world. These updates are not only time consuming but a real frustration.

This is pretty much what I get at home ... and I live in Québec, Canada. Sad.

It's an odd paradigm. On one hand I'm glad that they are active, on another...yeah. The nature of Windows however lead to this kind of obscenity as an inevitability.  in 2014, a "Be all" type of OS that it has always strived to be is going to be a little nuts.

The real shame is, the Windows Updates (at least for me) are infintismal compared to the number of times per year you have to update the Adobe Flash/Shockwave plug-ins, Java, and then throw in Apple iTunes/Quicktime (or RealPlayer). That doesn't include the updates that constantly come to my GPU (video card), making it like a weekly date every Saturday morning to update my PC. I'm just glad I don't use iTunes or RealPlayer that much, and rarely use Flash-inducing content, so I can get away with doing it EVERY other week. At least my PC is safe and up-to-date!!!

Sincerely,

Joe W.