Hard database update

Hi,

Spec:

Malwarebytes 2.0.3.1025 premium

Windows 8.1 x64

I think malware/something is stopping my network adapters from functioning. Symptoms: no network access; unable (click, nothing happens) to open 'Change adapter settings' dialog; control panel hangs. No network access, no database update, no useful scan, catch-22.

Question 1: Is there known malware that's bypassing Malwarebytes and disabling adapters?

Question 2: How can I transfer the latest definitions from another connected machine running the same version of Malwarebytes but on Windows 7? Instructions found on a pinned FAQ relate to a file structure and filenames (rules.net, database,conf) that don't seem to be replicated in Win8.1.

I haven't been able to find anything directly relevant in FAQs. Any help gratefully received.

Cheers // Tom

Hi:

Until the staff members come along....

Q1: There are certain types of malware that can break networking & connectivity, but I don't know if they disable adapters, per se.

Q2: There is a procedure for this, but it would probably be prudent first to conduct a bit of routine troubleshooting. 

>>If you exit from MBAM (right-click the system tray icon > exit) or if you temporarily uninstall MBAM, does the issue go away?

>>Assuming the computer is not infected, do you have a Killer Network Card e2200?  If so, please disable the setting for "Enable Bandwidth Control" from Killer Network Manager.  That should fix the problem.

If those suggestions don't apply to your system or don't resolve your issue, please start here:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Thanks,