CutePDF

John A

• Staff

Not familiar with CutePDF. Does it run within the process space of other processes? How does it typically work?

In principle MBAE custom shields can only be applied to programs which run as their own executable. But if a program runs as a loaded module of a MBAE-protected application, then that module is automatically also protected by MBAE.

(I am not receiving many notifications on the forum since you moved it to the other provider, I just noticed your response manually checking.)

CutePDF Writer is installed as a Printer device. When I want to use it to create a PDF file I select the CutePDF printer then print.

Watching processes during this I see a process CPWSave.exe (CutePDF) executes twice - once when it is doing the conversion internally, then again when it asks for the location and file name of the saved PDF.

So I guess if I add CPWSave.exe as a shield that is it?