SDKDatabaseLoadDefaults failed with code: 1812 or 2

Whenever I try to run a scan, MBAM will ask to install database updates. Whether or not I let it install database updates, it will fail with either "SDKDatabaseLoadDefaults failed with code: 1812" or "SDKDatabaseLoadDefaults failed with code: 2".

This same issue happens in both Chameleon mode and in Windows Safe Mode.

I'm currently running Windows 7. (Ignore the Windows 8 theme)

747cfe6e17.png

Hello and welcome:

Let's start with routine troubleshooting:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

OTOH, if you think you might be infected, then the most efficient way to get up and running will be to start with free cleanup in the malware removal section of the forum.

To do that, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will guide you through the cleanup process and with getting MBAM up and running.

Thanks,

Hello and welcome:

Let's start with routine troubleshooting:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

OTOH, if you think you might be infected, then the most efficient way to get up and running will be to start with free cleanup in the malware removal section of the forum.

To do that, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the preliminary steps to expedite the process.

A malware analyst will guide you through the cleanup process and with getting MBAM up and running.

Thanks,

I still have the same issue even after completely cleaning MBAM.

I have attached all the log files.

CheckResults.txt

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Hi:

Until a staff member or expert arrives to review the logs, I did notice this:

Pending File Rename Operations:
================================
If any Malwarebytes Anti-Malware items are listed below, the user must reboot to complete a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware upgrade installation.
Pending File Rename Operations:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\
    PendingFileRenameOperations    REG_MULTI_SZ    \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll.old

So, one thing to try would be to reboot the system.

Please let us know if that resolves the issue.

I was also going to suggest setting mutual exclusions between MBAM and your AV, but I don't see any anti-virus (other than Windows Defender on a Win7 system) installed and running in your logs.

Is that correct?

Thanks for your patience,

Hi:

Until a staff member or expert arrives to review the logs, I did notice this:

So, one thing to try would be to reboot the system.

Please let us know if that resolves the issue.

I was also going to suggest setting mutual exclusions between MBAM and your AV, but I don't see any anti-virus (other than Windows Defender on a Win7 system) installed and running in your logs.

Is that correct?

Thanks for your patience,

I have just rebooted my system, and the same error keeps appearing when I try to run a scan.

I have no other antiviruses besides MBAM, and Windows Defender should be disabled.

Addendum:

One other thing:

I see TrueCrypt listed among your programs.

So, perhaps your hard drive is encrypted?

If so, what happens if you disable "scan for rootkits" in these places:

1. Dashboard > Settings > Detection and Protection,
  2. AND the advanced settings for any scheduled scans in the automated scheduler

Just a thought.

Thanks,

Addendum:

One other thing:

I see TrueCrypt listed among your programs.

So, perhaps your hard drive is encrypted?

If so, what happens if you disable "scan for rootkits" in these places:

1. Dashboard > Settings > Detection and Protection,
  2. AND the advanced settings for any scheduled scans in the automated scheduler

Just a thought.

Thanks,

My hard disk is not encrypted, and "scan for rootkits" was disabled when I got these errors.

I tried to enable "scan for rootkits" just to see what would happen, and I got the same error.

OK.

Thanks for the info.

First, MBAM is not and never was a substitute for an anti-virus (AV): Does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware replace antivirus software?

So, even with the Paid, Premium version, one would still need a robust, real-time AV.

Your logs show that you are running MBAM Free, which is only an on-demand, manual scanner.

As you have been running without any sort of real-time protection (either from MBAM or from Defender or from a 3rd-party AV), then -- if the suggestions already offered do not resolve the issue -- the best bet might be to head over to the malware removal section.

The expert helpers there can assist you with deeper scans of the system, to exclude malware as a possible cause for your issue.

I suggest that you please start here: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

As you have already run FRST, you just need to start a new topic --- including the same logs you posted here -- over in the Malware Removal section.

One of the experts will assist you with checking and cleaning the system, and with getting MBAM up and running.

Thanks again,

OK.

Thanks for the info.

First, MBAM is not and never was a substitute for an anti-virus (AV): Does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware replace antivirus software?

So, even with the Paid, Premium version, one would still need a robust, real-time AV.

Your logs show that you are running MBAM Free, which is only an on-demand, manual scanner.

As you have been running without any sort of real-time protection (either from MBAM or from Defender or from a 3rd-party AV), then -- if the suggestions already offered do not resolve the issue -- the best bet might be to head over to the malware removal section.

The expert helpers there can assist you with deeper scans of the system, to exclude malware as a possible cause for your issue.

I suggest that you please start here: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

As you have already run FRST, you just need to start a new topic --- including the same logs you posted here -- over in the Malware Removal section.

One of the experts will assist you with checking and cleaning the system, and with getting MBAM up and running.

Thanks again,

I prefer to not use real-time AVs, since they degrade the performance of my system. I'm tech saavy enough to identify suspicious-looking files before running them. I just run MBAM every few months just in case something slipped past my radar.

And as a matter of fact, I have purchased MBAM pro, and usually have its realtime protection module enabled. I just disabled MBAM Pro to help identify the cause of this error.

The fact that this same error happens even when running MBAM Chameleon leads me to believe that this is an MBAM-related error and not a malware-related error. Just in case, I downloaded and ran a scan with Comodo Internet Security, and the scan came up with nothing.

It's certainly up to you.

If you don't mind waiting for a staff member to review your logs, they may spot something else to try.

Please be patient, as it is the weekend.

Otherwise, the most efficient options to get help were explained in the pinned topic linked in my earlier reply.

Finding and resolving the issue may involve the use of scanners or tools that aren't permitted in this section of the forum.

That's the only reason for suggesting that you post in the Malware Removal section.

The experts there will have other tools and can work with you one-on-one for free.

But, as I mentioned, it's up to you.

Thanks again,

It's certainly up to you.

If you don't mind waiting for a staff member to review your logs, they may spot something else to try.

Please be patient, as it is the weekend.

Otherwise, the most efficient options to get help were explained in the pinned topic linked in my earlier reply.

Finding and resolving the issue may involve the use of scanners or tools that aren't permitted in this section of the forum.

That's the only reason for suggesting that you post in the Malware Removal section.

The experts there will have other tools and can work with you one-on-one for free.

But, as I mentioned, it's up to you.

Thanks again,

Okay, I will try posting there. Thanks for the help.