printing problems

I have an Asus vivo tab smart windows 8.1 tablet which was printing normally both in desktop and in apps. Suddenly a few weeks ago it would no longer print in any apps, I just get a message  saying  cannot  connect to printer. It still prints normally in desktop. Microsoft  engineer  said to do a clean boot start up  to identify the problem  which  showed that malwarebytes premium was the cause. I have confirmed this by uninstalling it and found it would print totally normally again. When I reinstalled it the problem reoccurred  and while it still prints  in desktop I again can no longer print from any apps. I am presuming  that an update has caused the problem as it had been printing normally for several  months before this  since I got the current printer ( canon mx455).

Any suggestions would be gratefully received as I want to continue using malwarebytes premium but I do need to be able to print as well

Many thanks