"Windows has created a temporary paging file..."

tasanhalas

So everytime I restart the Pc I get this messages, I've already went online searching for answers, but they didn´t work... Windows 8 Pro

I turn off the paging, delete the file from the drive (using tree size professional), turn the paging on again and when I restart I get the same message!!

Any help would be appreciated..maybe I'm doing something wrong

Hello,

If I can just chime in, and make a suggestion:

Set Windows settings such that Windows itself manages the virtual memory paging file. { c:\pagefile.sys }

Use this as a example guide

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/132201-virtual-memory-paging-file-change.html

Once you have made the changes, it is possible Windows is just giving you a normal advisory message.  If so, close and let the message go.

Once Windows is managing on its own, the "issue" should go way.   At least I hope so for your sake.

If I do nothig the messages keeps appearing. I've been having the problem for some days, and I only deleted it once

I'm sorry...

The first post gave me the impression the following was cyclical...

"I turn off the paging, delete the file from the drive (using tree size professional), turn the paging on again and when I restart I get the same message!!"

Hello,

If I can just chime in, and make a suggestion:

Set Windows settings such that Windows itself manages the virtual memory paging file. { c:\pagefile.sys }

Use this as a example guide

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/132201-virtual-memory-paging-file-change.html

Once you have made the changes, it is possible Windows is just giving you a normal advisory message.  If so, close and let the message go.

Once Windows is managing on its own, the "issue" should go way.   At least I hope so for your sake.

Thank you, that worked..but now the pagefile is again on my SSD, can I move it my HDD or was it that that caused the error?

I'd highly recommend leaving it on your SSD anyway for the sake of performance since the paging file is used as virtual memory (RAM) so it can directly impact performance of running programs. If placed on a normal HDD, it won't be nearly as fast and will actually slow down the loading/running times of applications that are using it. Yes, it can potentially reduce the life of your SSD over time with the constant reads/writes, however the benefits should far outweigh the costs, particularly if you have a modern brand name SSD as most of those are designed to handle a lot more read/writes before they start to degrade/lose sectors.