Comodo Firewall Conflict - Chrome doesn't start

Solarlynx

• Staff

Can you try disabling the TotalSecurity360 webshield module as well as the 360 Chrome 360InternetProtection extension to see if that makes a difference?

Also it is worth trying MBAE 1.04 to see if the problem persists. The MBAE experimental builds are signed by ZVL instead of Malwarebytes, so this could be the source of the conflict with TotalSecurity360 as the ZVL digital signature might not be in their whitelist.

• Staff

Thanks for testing. What if you completely uninstall TotalSecurity360 and Comodo Firewall? After uninstalling them, reboot and then reinstall MBAE to see if it makes a difference.

Also you mentioned the same problem happened with 1.04, but on your first post you mentioned that it was ok with MBAE Free (aka 1.04). Did it stop working recently and was working before?

Chrome started when I just uninstalled Comodo FW, without rebooting and reinstalling MBAE.

As for 1.04 free I'm sorry I confused it with experimental build 1.05.3.1011. What I wrote with respect to 1.04 I meant 1011 build. I'm sorry.

So is it possible to make MBAE experimental get along with Comodo FW so that Chrome starts?

Thank you. 

When I tried to include signature from running mbae.exe, CF said it already has ZeroVulnerabilityLabs in the list.

Then I added all files from folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit" to trusted. Anyway shielded Chrome doesn't start.

Maybe the problem is not in the digital signature?

• Staff

If I remember correctly we had this problem before with Comodo. In addition to the user-managed certificates, they also have some internal overflow protection for browsers to which the user-based certificates do not apply. They had to exclude us manually from that feature.

Try MBAE 1.04. If the problem goes away then I am very certain the problem is this one.

• 2 weeks later...