Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

JAVA Uninstalled but getting "out of date warning"

clower_element

Hi

I am super confused about JAVA and as a non technical person I would really appreciate your help,please.

Very recently my JAVA was completely uninstalled from my PC with the guidance of a very kind and helpful assistant (Ron) in "malware removal help" forum and I kept it uninstalled. 

Today I've just noticed something strange. I went to use Internet Explorer 11 to do "Qualys browser check" as I occasionally do . It let me run the check BUT I got a warning in IE --- >

javatmblocked_zps6d948162.png

I didn't click "update" because I thought to myself why would I update it when I don't have Java installed! I didn't take any action and let the warning disappear. 

My question is - why is Internet Explorer telling me that Java was blocked when I don't have JAVA installed on my PC anymore?? Where is Internet Explorer getting the idea from that I still have Java and it needs to be updated??

(I can't see Java on my PC when I search for it and there isn't any java plugin listed in IE either).

At this point this Java warning in IE is freaking me out.

Your help would be very much appreciated  :) 

Alice

• Root Admin

Hello Alice

It could be a left over element of Java that it sees for some reason. Part of the problem with removing Java completely is it leaves a big mess all over the computer and in the registry as well. We can try again to clean it with a new version of the removal tool and see if that helps or not.

Next please run JavaRa.

• Please download JavaRa 2.6 and unzip it to your desktop.
  • Double-click on JavaRa.exe to start the program.
  • Choose Remove JRE and since you already uninstalled JAVA skip step 1 and click on the next button.
  • Now click on Perform Removal Routine to remove the older versions of Java installed on your computer.
  • When that's successfully done, please click OK to close the message.
  • Click on Next and skip the downloading process. Click Next and now click on Close this wizard and click Finish.
  • From the main menu please choose Additional tasks
  • Place a checkmark beside Remove startup entry, Remove Outdated JRE Firefox Extentions and Clean JRE Temp Files and click Run. The browsers should be closed before running this task.
  • When that's succesfully done you will see a message at the top saying: "Selected tasks completed successfully".
  • A log file should be created in the same directory as JavaRa.
  • Please attach the log to your next reply.
  • Close JavaRa by clicking the red cross button.

Hi Ron :)

Thank you soooooo much for your reply and your helpful set of instructions. You are a star!

Here is the log. 

Exception encountered in module [JavaRa]
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at JavaRa.routines_registry.get_jre_uninstallers()

User initialised redundant data purge.

Removed registry subkey tree: JavaSoft
Removed registry subkey: {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501}
Removed registry subkey tree: {CAFEEFAC-DEC7-0000-0001-ABCDEFFEDCBA}
Removed registry subkey tree: {5852F5EC-8BF4-11D4-A245-0080C6F74284}
Removed registry subkey tree: Browser Helper Objects
Message: Cannot delete a subkey tree because the subkey does not exist.
   at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.DeleteSubKeyTreeInternal(String subkey)
   at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.DeleteSubKeyTree(String subkey)
   at JavaRa.routines_registry.delete_key(String key)

Removed registry subkey tree: JavaSoft
Removal routine completed successfully. 6 items have been deleted.
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at JavaRa.routines_registry.get_jre_uninstallers()

== Cleaning JRE temporary files ==

After the cleaning tool finished doing its job I went to open my Internet Explorer and went to do "Qualys browser check" again to see if I get JAVA warning and I am happy to report that the warning didn't pop up  :) . So it looks like it is completely gone from my system.

If the log looks good,Ron. How do I remove that Java Folder from my desktop,please? Is it just a case of right click and delete ???

Thank you
Alice