How to upgrade Console-managed MBAE clients to a newer version

• Staff

If a company is using the latest available version of Malwarebytes Management Console (MBMC) but wishes to upgrade endpoint machines to the latest Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE) client, there are various ways of achieving this:

The following methods are listed from preferred to least ideal method based on feedback from customers in terms of trouble-free upgrade deployments.

1. Enable automatic upgrades of Anti-Exploit. This is the preferred method for upgrading Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit clients in a network. Simply go to Console -> Policy -> Anti-Exploit -> enable the automatic upgrade of Anti-Exploit clients. This will instruct each client to upgrade itself to the latest version.

2. Using the MBAE Standalone MSI Installer to upgrade specific endpoints via Active Directory GPO.
    • Command to execute: “msiexec /i mbae-setup-1.07.2.1015.msi /quiet”.
    • This has the benefit of only upgrading the MBAE agent without having to re-deploy the communications agent and MBAM agents.

3. Using the MBAE Standalone EXE Installer to upgrade specific endpoints
    • Manually: By running the MBAE EXE installer locally on the endpoint (i.e. double-click).
    • Remotely: By running the MBAE EXE installer silently over the network using command-line options and relying on existing deployment tools like SCCM, psexec, etc. (for ex “psexec \\targetcomputer -u DOMAIN\administrator -p mypassword -d \\FILESERVER\Installers\mbae-setup-1.07.2.1015.exe /log /SP- /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES”).
      TIP: The command "psexec \\*" will execute the installer command on all workstations belonging to the Domain.

In all 3 scenarios the new MBAE agent will show up correctly in the Management Console.

Contact me via PM to access the latest available MBAE Corporate Standalone EXE & MSI installers.

• celee unpinned this topic