Malwarebytes deleted files - now clean?

MSG77

Sometime last week Norton alerted me to a blocked attack.  The next day or two I got a pop up from "Windows Firewall" or something telling me my computer was infected and to call some number to fix it.  Obv that seemed like a fishing scam so I looked it up and it was.

I then figured my computer was infected somehow so ran multiple MBAM and Norton full scans over the next few days but they found nothing.  Didn't really have any problems and no other pop ups so figured it might have been just one time and fine.

Then a day or two ago - about a week after the blocked attack and pop up attack - MBAM found 2 Trojan files - FakeMS.ED

It quarantined and deleted them.  I had this happen in the past and found that even after this there were still files on my computer causing trouble.

I rebooted in safe mode and did a full MBAM scan - nothing found.  I ran MS MRT and it found some backdoor agent or file which I assume it fixed/deleted.  Did a full Norton scan and it found nothing.  Clicked on the option for if I thought there were still risks and it ran Norton Power Eraser which also found nothing.

Just curious if I am totally clean now or if there are still things I need to clean up? I downloaded TDSSKiller, RogueKiller, and AdwCleaner but have not run them yet.  I was guided thru using some of them in the past and I just want to make sure that I am using them correctly and do not deleted or change things that are not malicious and possible essential.  I don't want to screw things up and I know these programs are not so user friendly and idiot proof.

Also, for some reason I can't download FRST.  Norton blocks it every time.  Says it is unsafe or something.  The error it gives is "Suspicious.Cloud7.EP" and tells me to run NPE again.  Not sure if this is just an error or if it is somehow related to other issues.  The links I used are straight from this forum. No problems downloading any of TDSSKiller, RogueKiller, or AdwCleaner.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • Root Admin

We're sorry. It looks like your topic was somehow overlooked. Due to the length of time we'll go ahead and close this topic now but if you still actually need help please send a private message to one of the Moderators and we'll assist you.

Thank you and sorry we missed your topic.