Trojan.Siredef.C and cannot use windows in normal mode.

First of all, thank you for being here for me. I appreciate the help I am about to receive. This is a PC belonging to my son. He has brought it to me because he was surfing the web and a popup told him there were some 2500 infections on his pc and he clicked the links to clean it. DOH! Since then, he cannot do anything in his windows without the error:

C:\Windows\System32\dinotify.exe

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.

Unfortunately, the aformentioned control panel also yields this error.

The desktop icons are all white and double-clicking them results in the same error.

Booting into "safe mode" I was able to run MBAM2 and the system seems to function normally for "safe mode". I was able to download and run the FARBER Recovery Scan Tool in "safe mode with networking" however there is also no internet connectivity in "normal mode".

MBAM 2 removed the Trojan.Siredef.C and the system is still useless. Subsequent MBAM2 scans return 0 mailicious items.

P.S. I am only able to use this computer in safe mode.

HELP!

----------------------------------

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

mbam first pass.txt

• 3 months later...