backdoor.bot

Evedia

I too tend to run all my scans late at night. It's really the only time I have to be able to do that.

I have always done the full scan but recently did the quick scan when I was short on time and now I think I'll just do the full scan once or twice a month since I can see by reading the posts in here that a full scan probably isn't necessary and a quick scan is just as good or is almost just as good.

;) I know what you mean! I scan the desktop PC daily at the end of the day after everyone in the family has stopped using it for the day...and hence I was up a couple of hours later than I intended to be last night. ;)

The first thing I do if Malwarebytes finds something now is take a deep breath and check this forum. I'm glad people were posting about this right away and I am amazed at how quickly Malwarebytes developers deal with the FP's, so a big thank you goes to them, too. :)

• 4 months later...

Hi

I ran a quick scan (logfile attached) and was shocked when it purportedly found 6446 instances of Backdoor.Bot :D . Believing them to be genuine infections I deleted them all and ran a full scan which found another 16, also deleted.

Following advice from your forum I rebooted and ran a full Developer Scan (logfile below) which found nothing, although the error message "DDA failed to read. Error code 1117" appeared at the start.

The computer seems to be behaving normally but I am now worried that I may have deleted genuine files including the entire \Program Files\WINDOWS folder.

Were they FPs and should I restore them?

----------------------------------------------------------

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41

Database version: 2895

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

04/10/2009 02:33:53

mbam-log-2009-10-04 (02-33-53).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|F:\|)

Objects scanned: 398066

Time elapsed: 14 hour(s), 4 minute(s), 14 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected: