i keep getting Malicious fake link detected

I am getting the same thing from multiple senders on my Samsung Galaxy S5. Malicious fake link detected containing phishing link ga. Do not click on this link. Recommend deleting SMS.

Please advise. I would like to know what is meant by phishing link ga (for example)./

Thanks in advance!

I had this same issue on Nov 13th. It occurred twice in a row in the middle of a long sms conversation. Neither of the two messages contained links. None of the several messages received prior or after from this person triggered the warning - just the two messages in a row.

Please explain.

And, what does "phishing link ga" mean, anyway?

Thanks, Dave

I have been getting the same message saying it's coming from my husband's phone. What's so funny about this is that my husband is a Federal Agent and is a government phone that was issued to him. So I highly doubt anything is coming from his phone. But I think you all need to fix this problem. In the meantime, I'll probably just uninstall it.

• 1 month later...

Is this bug back? My wife just had this message pop up when there was no link in the SMS and the SMS was from a trusted contact:

"sms message from sender XXX-XXX-XXXX contains a phishing link ga."

She said she had it happen earlier in the day as well. I checked and the Malwarebytes already had the most recent signature updates (Malware Database v2015.01.22.01 and Malicious URL Database v2015.01.20.02). Her phone is a Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4. Malwarebytes application version is v1.05.0.9000 (90)

Sorry for the "me, too!", but I can confirm this behavior yesterday on a Motorola DROID TURBO, under Android 4.4.4, with MBAM-M 1.05.0.9000 and latest signatures (also running KIS-A, with no known conflicts or other problems).

Trusted contact and no link in the SMS.

Same message.

Happened twice.

Hello All,

Please be sure that the latest signature updates are installed. Same as before,

Open the Malwarebytes Mobile app.

Go to Settings > Scheduled Updates and click on the Force Update option.

If the issue persists.

Please provide the following:

What is your device make and model?

What Version of Android O/S?

Is your device rooted?

What version of Malwarebytes Anti-Virus mobile are you using?

To find the application version number open Malwarebytes and go to the About section.

If possible, please provide a screenshot of the notification you are seeing that that it can be investigated.

Thank you.

Hello All,

Please be sure that the latest signature updates are installed. Same as before,

Open the Malwarebytes Mobile app.

Go to Settings > Scheduled Updates and click on the Force Update option.

If the issue persists.

Please provide the following:

What is your device make and model?

What Version of Android O/S?

Is your device rooted?

What version of Malwarebytes Anti-Virus mobile are you using?

Sorry for the "me, too!", but I can confirm this behavior yesterday on a Motorola DROID TURBO, under Android 4.4.4, with MBAM-M 1.05.0.9000 and latest signatures (also running KIS-A, with no known conflicts or other problems).

Trusted contact and no link in the SMS.

Same message.

Happened twice.

Not rooted.

I also am getting this error. No links are attached to the SMS - multiple senders. My phone says last software update from Verizon was 12-22-14 and no new updates available.

device: Samsung Galaxy S5  SM-G900V - standard - no changes since purchase

android: 4.4.4

Malwarebytes version: 1.05.0.9000

Folks,

This is a known bug of which will be addressed in version 1.6 from what I an told. We are very aware of the issue.

Please use the workaround in the meanwhile by disabling the scan links in SMS option under Settings.

In the Malwarebytes Mobile app, go to Settings and uncheck "Scan links sent via SMS".

Thank you.