Sign in to follow this  
wrap2tyt

c:\users\sameer\desktop

I've asked this question once before and never received an answer, but why does EVERY scan conducted with MalwareBytes show a user account c:\users\sameer\desktop, there is nobody in my company with that userid and it shows on evryscan of any machine... clearly this is a false finding.

Thank you.

Can u please post a scan log for this so we have something to go on?

Also is this the corporate client MBAM and are the desktops locked down?

Thanks!

I am not posting the intire log, only the point where the issue is.

Folders: 1
Trojan.Agent.SM, c:\users\sameer\desktop, , [3e42ac8e25576accc604cec06b99e51b],

Also, we've scanned this particular system with TrendMicro, Symantec and Webroot and it keeps coming up clean.

Its really tough to help you without the entire log. Database version etc. If you want to pm it to me thats fine.

Are the desktops restricted access wise (group policy or limited user accounts) also is this the corporate or Free version.

So... you've never seen this before? I'm sorry, I cannot provide you this file, I guess I will just find another way to figure this out and in the mean time we'll just stop using MalwareBytes.

Thanks for your help.

Well real common is to use the free client on a corporate environment with restricted access to profiles from policies. If mbam cant read the folders properly then this is what can happen. But this is a guess being you wont provide the requested information.

Unfortunately what i mentioned is happening. This is do to access policies in your environment and mbam not being able to read the folders and paths properly.

We really dont support the free version in a corporate environment. There is a special Corporate client version to work with a corporate policy restricted environment.

I removed your attachment. Thanks for providing that.

Thanks... I understand about the policies and access to folder locations, but to just out of no where create something such as "c:\users\sameer\desktop" and drop it in a report saying this is what I found, makes me wonder about your free version altogether, seeing that it's finding things that nothing else sees, but i I get it. Thanks for your help.

Well this doesnt normally happen in a home situation which is what the product is designed around. The free version is not licensed to be used in a business environment.  We have a corporate version to deal with corporate access polices.

Basically something is blocking the scans causing all the false positives you are seeing.  Could be your antivirus or policies. Unfortunately nothing that is under our control. You can disable your av temporarily to see if its that.