Are you affiliated with this website?

http://www.official-anti-virus.com/malware...0&affid=210

I don't know if you guys are affiliated with this website.

They are rated by Web of Trust (WoT) as a scam site:

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/official-anti-virus.com

I'd imagine they could, I also found the system requirements to be quite interesting:No Vista support, but it runs on OSX ;)

I see four unsupported operating systems on their list, and one support operating system that they forgot (as you mentioned).

As far as going after them, they may not be located in a country that would allow us to sue them.

These guys have been doing the same thing for quite a while . They take popular free applications , generate a page that "looks" like you can download the legit free software from and then divert from the download button to their pay download manager application .

If you enter your personal info on page one you are diverted to the payment page on page two so even of you back out they already have you real name and email .

They have been exploiting free applications for years so I assume that some stupid law must in some way shield them . In a lot of ways the bad guys still have better protection than the good guys do when it comes to cyber law .

Thank you for reporting it and for having the curiosity to ask about it ;) .

Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's often the way humans grow and expand. I always say it's better to ask a silly question than to go through life not knowing the answer.

Anyway, speaking of animals, I just realized that I forgot the feed the dog. Oops... ;)