Says MSMoney 2004 file "dw15.exe" is Luder.worm

maggietoo9

Malwarebytes identifies MSMoney 2004 file "dw15.exe" as Luder.worm

I deleted it, but when I next ran Money, it requested my CD and reloaded the file.

Malwarebytes is still identifying it as Luder.worm

I have attached the requested .info and .txt files.

I also ran an individual file scan on the file and attached that log also.

C:\Windows\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\dw15.exe

Description: Microsoft Application Error Reporting (which I do not use - this is an older edition of Money).

File version: 10.0.2701.0 Created: 2003-06-18 12:00pm Size: 157kb

I don't need the file, since I don't do error reporting on this old version, but apparently Money won't run if it is not present.

Could the Luder.worm actually do this - present itself as the dw15.exe file in MSMoney?

Since I ran Malwarebytes I have another strange problem - I do not know if it is related or not.

When I save a file, using Windows dialog, if I click on the dropdown arrow on the current folder name, the selection area won't stay dropped down - it quickly goes away. I can navigate only by using the up/back arrow to step back to the parent folder. Has this happened to anyone else and is it possibly related to Malwarebytes?

A suggestion: It would be helpful if the /developer mode could be run on the single file in question. I tried that, but it left out all the numbers following the file location at the bottom. It can take a long time to run a full scan just to get the info for one file. Perhaps there is a way to get the /developer numbers on the file when you just scan that one file, so you don't have to sit for such a long time waiting for it to scan the entire machine just to get those numbers for that one file at the end?? Everything else in the log is identical whether you scan the entire machine or just the one file.

Thanks,

maggietoo9

mbam_log_2009_05_23__17_15_09_.txt

mbam_log_2009_05_23__17_14_25_.txt

mbam_info.txt

mbam_log_2009_05_23__17_15_09_.txt

mbam_log_2009_05_23__17_14_25_.txt

mbam_info.txt

I think this was fixed already , please scan again with current definitions .

Current definitions.... I just download this program before I ran it - wouldn't the definitions be current in the download?

Never mind - evidently not - I just updated the definitions and rescanned the one file and it scanned fine. Thanks.

What about my other questions in the post?

1. Is it possible for Luder.worm (or any worm) to present itself as a legitimate file in an application?

2. Could Malwarebytes have removed something that causes the XP Save Dialog to be screwy?

If so, is it something I can restore?

Thanks,

Maggie

post-14074-1243193670_thumb.jpg

post-14074-1243193670_thumb.jpg