Chrome crash with Trusteer Rapport & MBAE (1.05.3.1010)

smf61

Testing 1.05.3.1010 and find Chrome crashes on startup when MBAE is enabled.  Works fine when MBAE protection is stopped.  I see there was a known conflict with Trusteer but that is for install only.

Windows 8.1 x64

Chrome 38 64-bit

Avira AV Pro

MBAM premium 2.0.3.1025

Trusteer Rapport 3.5.1404.21

MBAE 1.05.3.1010

Problem signature:  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH  Application Name: chrome.exe  Application Version: 38.0.2125.111  Application Timestamp: 544718dc  Fault Module Name: RapportGP_x64.DLL  Fault Module Version: 14526.0.0.0  Fault Module Timestamp: 540eb95a  Exception Code: c0000005  Exception Offset: 00000000000fe4e8  OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48  Locale ID: 2057

• Staff

I think I might know what this is.

Do you get the same problem with MBAE 1.04?

If I recall correctly Trusteer white-listed the Malwarebytes digital signature, but the MBAE Experimental builds are signed by ZeroVulnerabilityLabs instead and this might be the source of the problem.

Can't remember,  I have only recently gone back to Rapport.   I did run 1.04 but it might have been only after I stopped using Rapport the first time.  Tried looking at Rapport logs but they are all binary files.  Rapport does not seem to detect MBAE as an issue, it just crashes Chrome seemingly via the Rapport DLL.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks.  Just tested this final build and am still getting a problem with Chrome 64-bit.  Instead of "Chrome crashed.." error, I now see a "Chrome stopped working.." error on startup.  As per the Known Issues I stopped TR to install MBAE.

I will do some more testing then if still a problem will post (with logs) in the release support forum.