Computer won't boot after Malwarebytes scan

Hi:

It sounds as if the system has been damaged by the infection.

We can't work on malware diagnostics and removal in this sub-section of the forum.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will assist you with trying to get cleaned and repaired.

>>>If the system is so crippled that you cannot even post the requested preliminary logs, please just start a new topic in the malware removal section anyway, explaining the situation.  The expert helpers will have some other strategies to help to get you back up and running.

>>>While waiting for help, please do not "self-medicate" -- doing so could further damage the system and complicate recovery.

>>>It appears that you are posting from another computer now?  While waiting for help, it might expedite the process to obtain a USB flash drive and/or your Windows OS disks, in case they are needed.

Thanks,

Thanks, I'll check out the listed topic. 

Yes, I'm posting from my main computer, the laptop is a friends computer.

Always had great luck with Malwarebytes cleaning up the system without any issues.

I'll try to boot the computer from a Linux disk and see if I can pull the Malwarebytes logs onto a USB drive.

There are OS disks, there is a recovery partition though. Wonder if I can use a regular Win7 Pro disc for recovery option?

Haven't wanted to try any of that until I see if I can get the files etc... off the drive.

Thanks again!

Always had great luck with Malwarebytes cleaning up the system without any issues.

Some of the rootkits and other severe infections these days can really fry the OS.

While you certainly sound more computer-savvy than most of the folks who post here looking for help, I would respectfully reiterate the advice to resist the urge to self-medicate until you can get some expert help. 

It's entirely your call, of course.

And I know you are only trying to get the user's data and perhaps the MBAM logs.

But I would be careful. ;)

Cheers,