Play-toolbar.org & other possible infection. Tried almost everything (x64)

Hey guys,

I am not new to the tech world, and am actually a sys-admin, using mostly Unix based systems. On my windows PC however, I believe my daughter (even though I keep strict checks and safe-guards, along with teaching her best practices online) I seem to have contracted a type of malware, I believe the first time since 1995.

It started with the re-booting. I re-booted my pc, and suddenly play-toolbar.org started to pop up on boot. I ran my anti-virus scanner (avast) then proceeded to use MBAM full scan (including rootkits). When they came up negative, I ran combofix, JRT and Rkill.

Still nothing. So, yesterday, I re-booted again. Now the clock is de-synced and cant sync with the net server (says I don't have privledges to access that), the antivirus warning pops up (although avast is running in the tray with no warnings), and sometimes the internet will be supppeerrrr slow or just not work at all.

Now, christ. I am just about to run kaspersky rescue disk to see if that can pick up anything that all the others didn't, but before I do, what would you guys reccomend/want me to do. You most likely have seen this type of filth before, so any ideas?

Any tips are appreciated!

• 2 months later...
  • Root Admin

We're sorry. It looks like your topic was somehow overlooked. Due to the length of time we'll go ahead and close this topic now but if you still actually need help please send a private message to one of the Moderators and we'll assist you.

Thank you and sorry we missed your topic.