right context scan by Malware bytes does not work on exefile

Hi,

File system scan of specific files work on otherfiles other than exe files. When i right click and exe file, the scan does not cover the selected file but the whole scan. Is there any fix for this? I am having the latest version of malware bytes free

Hello:

Let's start here:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Hi, The problem solved with your first solution itself. now i can scan file system object scan with exe file in the right context menu.Thanks. But the exe file is scanned as one file by Malware bytes. Other scan shows more file, where as MBM show it as only one file.Is it correct.? Of course, the exe file is one, containing may be more no of files

Hi, The problem solved with your first solution itself. now i can scan file system object scan with exe file in the right context menu.Thanks.

Great!

I'm glad that resolved your issue.

But the exe file is scanned as one file by Malware bytes. Other scan shows more file, where as MBM show it as only one file.Is it correct.? Of course, the exe file is one, containing may be more no of files

If I understand you correctly, you are describing the fact that MBAM reports that a file scan of the particular file in question says that it is one file, but some other scanner reports the SAME file as being more than one?

Also, what is the "other scan" to which you refer?

In order to better assist you, for starters, we would need to see at least the MBAM scan log showing the scan of the file in question.

To do that, please follow the steps below to attach the relevant MBAM SCAN log to your next reply here.

Thanks,

-----------------------

How to get scan logs:

(Export log to save as a txt file for posting in the forum when requested)

• Open MBAM.
  • Click on the HISTORY tab > APPLICATION LOGS.
  • Double-click on the SCAN LOG which shows the date and time of the scan just performed (or the one you are asked to post).
  • Click EXPORT.
  • Click TEXT FILE (*.txt)
  • In the "Save File" dialog box which appears, click on DESKTOP.
  • In the FILE NAME box, type a name for your scan log.
  • A message box named "File Saved" should appear, stating that "Your file has been successfully exported".
  • Click OK.
  • Attach the saved log to your next reply.