Malwarebytes 2.0.3.1025 Log Crash

hello everyone

ok i think i have little issue with malwarebytes here

iirc starting version 2.** malwarebytes no longer use txt for their logs... they switch to .xml based logs

and for security reason we need admin privilage to delete it

i understand the log can be important to detect when things go bad

but i am on admin account, still can't remove/delete logs directly from C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs

and i dont know what is wrong, but deleting from malwarebytes -> history then selecting several logs always give me crash

i believe its not because slow hdd as i am using ssd

well for this i think i can find workaround without problem, but this isnt good

and i dont know whether this is known issue/bug (if yes, u guys need to solve it quick)

or there is problem on my system, if so then i need some help to fix this

also do developer think to make auto-deletion function for old logs ?

i know those logs wont eat hdd space (i got like 300+ logs and only 1mb+)

but i think its good if malwarebytes can automatically remove old logs itself, like logs that older than 6months or so

Hello slyphnier:

1. Although any Administrative user should be able to delete logs via the MBAM GUI, an alternative method, using Administrator privileged accounts, logs within C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs may be deleted if at first MBAM2's self-protection module is disabled. Please remember to re-check "Enable self-protection module" after log deletions to maximize your protections.

Reference: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Users Guide - Advanced Settings

2. We would like you to document the crash you have related above. Please attach a screen grab of the error message box or notice that results.

Thank you.

here how i replicate my issue:

1. select several logs and delete it (if only 1 log seems no problem)

2. the logs immediately showing something not right (date + location become blank)

post-66435-0-39960600-1415185489_thumb.p

3. just pick any logs, and view, it will crash immediately, basically doing other things after step 2 will result crash

post-66435-0-92491300-1415185496_thumb.p

post-66435-0-02495000-1415185615_thumb.p

NOTE: i am using self-protection module, i have yet to check if i still get the issue with disabling self-protection module or not

Hello slyphnier:

• Please try the following and let us know if this corrects your issue: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2.x.
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and individually attach the 3 requested logs in a reply to this thread: Diagnostic Logs.
  • The 3 files, from Step 2, to be individually attached from your desktop are: CheckResults.txt, FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please do not Copy and Paste them into a reply.

Please let us know the status of your issue in a reply to this thread.

Regrettably I am unable to translate much of the contents of your PNG attachments to U.S. English. If after you have accomplished the MBAM Clean Removal Process 2.x, and your issue remains, please consider temporarily setting the language to "English" via Settings -> General Settings -> Language: English if you wish to attach more screen grabs.

Thank You. :)