Schiffy

Mozilla Prefs.js?

So my scans are running regularly, but the only things I ever seem to be turning up are "non-Malware" PUP.Optional.Delta.A objects. What's weird is they're all coming from the prefs.js file for Firefox. I use Chrome regularly and have Firefox installed as a backup, but it still doesn't make sense why this of all things is setting off MBAM.

The only thing I can think of is when I got this computer, I moved everything I could find from my C: drive on my last machine. This includes Program Files and AppData, which might have been a stupid idea, but it hasn't caused any real problems (except my Microsoft Office license, but meh). Anyway, that's only a guess. The scan log is here for the taking.

ScanLog.txt

I use Chrome regularly and have Firefox installed as a backup, but it still doesn't make sense why this of all things is setting off MBAM.

Let me try that one again. I use Chrome regularly and have Firefox installed as a backup, so this doesn't affect me too much but it still doesn't make sense why this of all things is setting off MBAM.

Hi Schiffy and welcome to the Malwarebytes support forums :)

If you navigate to the folder where "prefs.js" file is located.

Is there a file called "user.js" present ?

If so please take the following actions.

First close/exit Firefox

Delete "User.js" file if it exists in the same folder as "Prefs.js"

Rescan with Malwarebytes and if the detection is made then allow MBAM to fix it.

Restart your computer.

Please then rescan to verify whether the detection still persist.

Thanks in advance :)