Kudos to 2.0

dbuck53

I was still using ver 1.6 until today, when I finally noticed my version was out of date.  I downloaded 2.0.3, and ran a scan.  This was my 4th scan, following an Avast scan, a Spybot scan, and a scan with MWB 1.6, all of which found no problems. So I was very pleased when MWB 2.0.3 disabused me of my content over a safe and clean computer.  Almost right away it discovered the following trojan:

Registry Keys: 1
Trojan.Agent, HKU\S-1-5-21-2268400705-114439742-1161101455-500-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\EXT\STATS\{549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3}

The offender has been properly quaranteened.  MWB also informed me that two install files had optional spyware installs included with the desired programs (not really a problem unless I click "install" without looking).

I must say I am pleased with the continued high performance and the new look of the interface.  Thanks.

:welcome:

Hello Dbuck53,

Thank you for the feedback.  Please make it a point to visit us on a more frequent basis.

Version 1.6 is so old I cannot recall it ( much )  LOL.   It has been out of support for a good while. 

This forum always makes announcements when newer versions are released.

New program versions are always free.

The program will notify you when a new released version is available. 

For now, start the program. Click Settings icon on the very top bar.
Click the button marked Update settings on the left.
Look at the white area marked Update Options
Be sure that the line is selected with a check-mark for
Check for program updates when checking for database updates.

Thanks for choosing Malwarebytes.
I wish you all the best.     :)

:welcome:

Hello Dbuck53,

Thank you for the feedback.  Please make it a point to visit us on a more frequent basis.

Version 1.6 is so old I cannot recall it ( much )  LOL.   It has been out of support for a good while. 

Version 1.60: December 2011! :o

(Glad you are updated and happy, @dbuck53.  Please be sure to heed Maurice's excellent advice about keeping MBAM updated. You can also sign up for the email newsletter on the company home page >here< - just scroll to the bottom of the page to subscribe.)

Cheers,