I recently updated my MB to 2.0.2.1012. Today when I was going to update definitions, I got a pop-up advising me there was another upgrade. What is this upgrade? Is it a big change from 2.0.2.1012, which I am still trying to understand. Or is it a minor change that will not change the one I already have?

What are the changes?

I'm just trying to find out if anyone else has installed this new version and it is not a BIG change from the previous version that I now have (2.0.2.1012?

Hi:

I'm just trying to find out if anyone else has installed this new version and it is not a BIG change from the previous version that I now have (2.0.2.1012?

Yes, many users will have been already automatically updated to version 2.0.3.
The MBAM team typically releases a new build to a percentage of users each time, over a period of several days or weeks.
This is called "throttled" release.
Only the MBAM team would know for sure what % of users have already received it, or the exact update schedule.
Everyone will get it eventually.

As for the changes and improvements, they are explained in detail here:

It will be a good idea to accept the automatic update when it is offered, as it fixes many issues in version 2.0.2.

Or you may wish to cleanly upgrade from version 2.0.2 to version 2.0.3, by following the steps here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

Is there some way I can adjust the settings so I can be notified that there is a new version of MB without it automatically updating without my knowledge?

I would just like to be notified that there is a new version so I can decide if I want to update at that moment - without an automatic version being downloaded/installed.

Any place I can uncheck a box that might be already set for 'automatic' updating the version?

In Update Settings I do not understand what the following means:

"Check for program updates when checking for database updates."

If I check  that box will I be (only) Notified there is a new version update BUT it does not mean that by checking that box, that new versions will be Automatically downloaded/installed?

Apologies for all the questions, but these updates has me a bit confused.

Hi:

You'll need to upgrade to version 2.0.3 in order to be able to separately control PROGRAM updates (see screen cap from version 2.0.3).

In version 2.0.2, the PROGRAM update is made available automatically, and cannot be disabled.

Thank you,

post-29793-0-39183900-1414632369_thumb.p