Please include Program Exclusion possibility

Hello Malware Bytes Team,

I came to this forum today looking for advice, but instead ended up making a suggestion.  I (as well as many other people) belong to a private torrent tracker and therefore want to almost always be seeding the torrents that I have leeched.  I know there are many other people who wish to do so as well.  We don't simply exit the torrent client when done downloading.  However, when running MBAM, website protection bubbles come up very often for various IP adresses trying to connect.  Wether these peers aren't allowed to connect or not after clicking the "allow exclusion" button I havent figured out yet, but it could be interfering with how many seeders I get.  The amount of seeders is important to people offering torrents because it alters their ratio of information downloaded vs. information provided.  Beyond that, the notifications are just plain annoying.  After visiting this forum I found that the only help suggested was to 1.) Turn off web exclusion while using torrent client, which I don't want to do because I pretty much have my torrent client on 24/7 (as do a lot of other people,) and still wish to be protected.  The other option is 2.) Turn off notification bubbles.  This is also undesirable because then I do not get the option to allow the IPs or websites which I know I want to trust.   I don't know how much this is interfering with me getting more peers to seed to. 

So what I wanted to suggest (and I think a lot of others would really like this too) is the option to have MBAM exclude an entire program's activity.  I would be very pleased if this feature came out and I think a lot of others would be too, because this is something Ive heard quite a few people complain about. 

Thanks for reading and hopefully considering this suggestion,

Anonymously yours,

PantherC

Hi,

Program Exclusions are already a feature.

Actually, all you need to do is to add the P2P/torrent process to Web Exclusions.

See this very recent post by the MBAM Program manager, exile360:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/159791-get-rid-of-website-blocked-popup/#entry898056

And, from the User Guide:

Add Process to Web Exclusions

Clicking the Add Process button allows you to exclude a process which would otherwise be blocked from accessing an internet address. Please note that this option is only functional on Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows 7, and Windows 8.x. This is typically of value to users who need to access filesharing and/or peer-to-peer applications. On occasion, IP addresses used by these applications may be blacklisted, so that Malwarebytes Website Protection blocks access to the website as a whole. Excluding the IP address makes the user more vulnerable, as would exclusion of the domain (if the website uses a domain name). Excluding the process — providing that the process is not an internet browser — would allow the P2P application to function without increasing risk.

Hope this helps,