Can't install new update

Hi,

I've been running MBAM Mobile on my phone and tablet since it was released.

I updated my phone no problem. When I tried to update the tablet, Google Play Store shows "Your device isn't compatible with this version".

I'm using a Venue 8 with Android version 4.4.2.

From v1.04.3.5000 to v1.05.9000.

Please advise...

Thank you

Hello and welcome to Malwarebytes product support. My name is Fernando and I'll be assisting you today.

Please try uninstalling the app and reinstalling rather than update.

Let us know if you still have issues.

Hi,

I uninstalled v1.04.3.500 from my tablet and I can't install v1.05.9000 at Google Play Store as it shows "Your device isn't compatible with this version". Now I have no MBAM Mobile on Tablet. :( Nice try though. :)

We are investigating this issue right now. Please download and install our previous version ( 1.04.3.5000)[Please see the attached apk] of our mobile security app for devices that shows incompatibility with our latest version

Hi,

Would you explain your method of installing an apk file from my laptop to my tablet.

Thank you

Hi,

I uninstalled v1.04.3.500 from my tablet and I can't install v1.05.9000 at Google Play Store as it shows "Your device isn't compatible with this version". Now I have no MBAM Mobile on Tablet. :( Nice try though. :)Hi,

Would you explain your method of installing an apk file from my laptop to my tablet.

Thank you

Hello,

Please follow the following steps to install our apk.

(1) Connect your tablet via USB to your computer and enable mass storage or mount the SD card to the computer like you usually do. copy the .apk file into your tablet . It doesn't matter where you put it as long as you remember the location.

(2) Safely eject your tablet and disconnect it from the computer. 

(3) Before you can actually install the APK file, you’ll need to tell your device that it can install any apps outside of the Play Store without throwing a fit. You can find this switch in your Settings –> Security –> Unknown Sources. Once this is enabled. you are clear to download this apk

(4) Locate the APK file, and open it. The Android OS should take over, identifying that the APK file is an app, and ask you whether you’d like to go ahead and install it, all permissions accounted for

Hope that is clear. Thanks

Hello,

Please follow the following steps to install our apk.

(1) Connect your tablet via USB to your computer and enable mass storage or mount the SD card to the computer like you usually do. copy the .apk file into your tablet . It doesn't matter where you put it as long as you remember the location.

(2) Safely eject your tablet and disconnect it from the computer. 

(3) Before you can actually install the APK file, you’ll need to tell your device that it can install any apps outside of the Play Store without throwing a fit. You can find this switch in your Settings –> Security –> Unknown Sources. Once this is enabled. you are clear to download this apk

(4) Locate the APK file, and open it. The Android OS should take over, identifying that the APK file is an app, and ask you whether you’d like to go ahead and install it, all permissions accounted for

Hope that is clear. Thanks

Hi,

I connected my tablet via USB to my computer.  The only choices I have are to set as "Media Device (MTP) and Camera (PTP)".  I chose MTP.  I don't have an SD card so I saved it to internal storage download folder.  I verified the transfer by looking at the file via my computer.  After disconnecting, I went to the download folder and it was empty. Settings > Storage> Downloads shows the 7MB file being in the folder but I can't see it.

Thank You

Edit: I figured out a way to install the APK file.

I emailed the APK file to myself from my computer. 

I downloaded the APK file to my tablet.

When the file download was complete, I was asked if I wanted to install it and I said yes.

Installation complete and working like a charm.

I first tried to open the APK file from the download folder but it showed "can't open file".

I deleted the APK file from the download folder, downloaded it again and said yes when asked if I wanted to install.

Unknown sources was enabled before download.

Unknown sources now disabled as it should be.

Thank you for your help.

• 2 months later...