i tried to re install malwarebytes, but I get an error saying that I first need to uninstall malwarebytes. I had it installed on a thumb drive but don't have the driver anymore. I uninstalled anything malwarebytes related but I still gwt the error.

Please help.

Hello and :welcome: , aloum:

Let's try this first:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

P.S. @Antec -- that link you posted is actually a bit outdated and refers to MBAM version 1.x. Thank you. ;)