Calling all beta testers!

• Staff

***NOTE***

Version 1.37 has been released, and this beta is outdated.

The new version 1.37 does have the 64-bit protection module, so please install and use it.

• Can't get enough of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware?
  • Want to be a part of cutting edge MBAM research and development?

We are happy to announce a public beta test of MBAM 1.37. We've been working on this version for quite a while, and it includes some major new features, such as:

• 64-bit support in the protection module
  • Improved internal updating
  • New heuristics and other functionality

This is beta software -- it is likely to have bugs! Please be aware of this if you decide to participate in the tests.

NOTE: please do not re-post or copy this information or the beta package anywhere but on these forums! This test is intended for our forum community, and we do not want unauthorized copies of the software floating around.

The beta package may be found here: (no longer available)

Please install the beta, use it as you normally would, and then provide us any feedback you have about your experience. We are interested particularly in performance and stability issues. You can reply to this thread with your results.

Thank you!

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Removed link to beta software
Proxy support has been "added" meaning it will now use the settings that Internet Explorer uses. We will be expanding this shortly to allow you to enter your own proxy information ;). As for why you got the weird news section -- try updating again, does the same happen?

Proxy still don't works. And that means for me that I can't update. Look my screen shot in my post above, it says that I has the latetest database version but I don't have. And the weird news also still exist.

And yes MBAM should read my proxy settings out of my IE7. Btw I need proxy authorization too, maybe is that the weird thing.

I installed the beta 1.37 on my home computer Windows XP SP3 installed plus all updates current. I'm of course looking at the beta very carefully, so I have a question about something I never noticed before.

I have a scheduled update at 4PM my time, that works fine. I have a scheduled Quick Scan set for 5PM my time, that maybe(?) works. I say maybe because no LOG is produced. Is that correct? If I run a manual Quick Scan (or Full scan) a log is always produced.

I know the scheduled quick scan runs becasue today I went to START>CONTROL PANEL>SCHEDULED TASKS and the 5PM scan Scheduled task ran approximately 4 1/2 minutes (said running), the same as a manual quick scan but no log was produced, a manual quick scan I started immediately after and it produced a log.

Is this correct? Is there a way to produce a log from a scheduled Quickscan, even if no problems were found?

Thanks for any insight!

Steve

I installed the beta 1.37 on my home computer Windows XP SP3 installed plus all updates current. I'm of course looking at the beta very carefully, so I have a question about something I never noticed before.

I have a scheduled update at 4PM my time, that works fine. I have a scheduled Quick Scan set for 5PM my time, that maybe(?) works. I say maybe because no LOG is produced. Is that correct? If I run a manual Quick Scan (or Full scan) a log is always produced.

I know the scheduled quick scan runs becasue today I went to START>CONTROL PANEL>SCHEDULED TASKS and the 5PM scan Scheduled task ran approximately 4 1/2 minutes (said running), the same as a manual quick scan but no log was produced, a manual quick scan I started immediately after and it produced a log.

Is this correct? Is there a way to produce a log from a scheduled Quickscan, even if no problems were found?

Thanks for any insight!

Steve

One thing I noticed the Scheduled San looks like this "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /quickscanterminate /minimized" is that correct to create a log or do I need some other parameter?

Thanks for any help,

Steve

I am running Windows Vista 64 bit and have installed Malwarebytes v. 1.37 to aid in the evaluation of this beta version. So far everything seems to be running as expected, with the exception of the Protection module. As with every prior version, the Protection module appears to require activation via the Purchase or Register routes. How am I to test this function in Vista x64 if it is not activated in the beta version? Obviously I have not purchased a license for the program since the Protection function has not, to this point, functioned under Vista x64.

Please advise.

Thanks for any insight!

Steve

Steve,

I've never run MBAM from a scheduled scan but you could check this location below to see if a log was created, but just not displayed. I would wait for a developer to answer whether it's possible to create a log when running a scan through scheduled tasks and/or if there is a bug that needs to be fixed.

C:\Documents and Settings\your_windows_username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

*Note: This is the location for XP, not Vista or 7.

This product has been finally released. Please update to the latest version by downloading it from here.

Well, my 24 hour test results for the beta are likely of no real benefit now, but here goes anyway:

Installed quickly, without issues (Vista x64 SP1, Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 with 4 GB RAM)). Quick scan ran in 1 minute 25 seconds, with one problem detected (the NoActiveDesktopChanges registry entry) which I chose to allow Malwarebytes to correct. Full scan ran in 21 minutes 54 seconds with no malicious items detected.

The scheduled quick scan ran unattended this morning as expected, and the appropriate log entry was made.

System resource usage is about 20.5 MB memory for mbamservice.exe (which I assume is the protection module), and roughly twice that for mbam.exe (the scanner). I have noticed no impact on system performance with the protection module active. No apparent impact on email retrieval with Outlook 2007. I am running Avast! v. 4.8 Home Edition, Secunia PSI, and even Windows Defender with no apparent conflicts. So far, absolutely no issues with the 1.37 beta at all.

If my experience is typical, I believe Malwarebytes is now compatible with Vista 64-bit!

Note: The Operating Systems list under Download for v 1.37 still states "Vista (32-bit only)."