Malicious Website Protection Still Not Turning On

No matter what I try, my MB malicious website protection will not turn on.  I realize that the Moderator closed this thread https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/158689-stopping-starting-malicious-web-site-protection-wont-stay-on/ a few hours ago.  However, I tried the steps the Moderator suggested (my database was updated to 2014.10.14.08) but no luck.

Here's my Protection Log

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Update, 10/14/2014 12:06:27 AM, SYSTEM, HARRYSPC, Scheduler, Malware Database, 2014.10.14.1, 2014.10.14.2,
Protection, 10/14/2014 12:06:28 AM, SYSTEM, HARRYSPC, Protection, Refresh, Starting,
Protection, 10/14/2014 12:06:28 AM, SYSTEM, HARRYSPC, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Stopping,
Protection, 10/14/2014 12:06:28 AM, SYSTEM, HARRYSPC, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Stopped,
Protection, 10/14/2014 12:06:43 AM, SYSTEM, HARRYSPC, Protection, Refresh, Success,
Protection, 10/14/2014 12:47:38 AM, SYSTEM, HARRYSPC, Protection, Malware Protection, Starting,
Protection, 10/14/2014 12:47:38 AM, SYSTEM, HARRYSPC, Protection, Malware Protection, Started,
Protection, 10/14/2014 6:47:04 AM, SYSTEM, HARRYSPC, Protection, Malware Protection, Starting,
Protection, 10/14/2014 6:47:04 AM, SYSTEM, HARRYSPC, Protection, Malware Protection, Started,
Update, 10/14/2014 6:51:57 AM, SYSTEM, HARRYSPC, Scheduler, Malware Database, 2014.10.14.2, 2014.10.14.8,
Protection, 10/14/2014 6:51:57 AM, SYSTEM, HARRYSPC, Protection, Refresh, Starting,
Protection, 10/14/2014 6:51:59 AM, SYSTEM, HARRYSPC, Protection, Refresh, Success,
Protection, 10/14/2014 6:56:36 AM, SYSTEM, HARRYSPC, Protection, Malware Protection, Stopping,
Protection, 10/14/2014 6:56:36 AM, SYSTEM, HARRYSPC, Protection, Malware Protection, Stopped,
Protection, 10/14/2014 6:56:48 AM, SYSTEM, HARRYSPC, Protection, Malware Protection, Starting,
Protection, 10/14/2014 6:56:48 AM, SYSTEM, HARRYSPC, Protection, Malware Protection, Started,

Any suggestions or news on the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hi:

If the posted fix didn't resolve your issue, then there is likely something else going on with your system.

Let's start here, please:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

I'm having the same problem on two different computers.

Last night my laptop updated to the new version and this morning malicious website protection is gone and won't turn on.

My desktop did not update but it also has no malicious website protection this morning and also won't turn on.

Same "malicious website protection will not turn on" notification here on one server, one PC and one laptop as of 10/14/14@0719. Updated all machines to most recent updates with same results.

Hello Drayspencer:

Have you tried the steps in the pinned procedure below?

Malicious Website Protection disabled

Please advise in a reply to this thread. Thank you.

I am having this same issue,Im loathe to use the clean tool as I am unsure of my premium key,and understand it will totally wipe the program

Is there any other way I can resolve this matter without removing the product

Please follow the steps in the pinned procedure below:

Please advise your results in a reply to this thread. Thank you.

I'm having the same problem on two different computers.

Last night my laptop updated to the new version and this morning malicious website protection is gone and won't turn on.

My desktop did not update but it also has no malicious website protection this morning and also won't turn on.

Please follow the steps in the pinned procedure below:

Please advise your results in a reply to this thread. Thank you.

I'm having the same issue since this morning, no website protection. Updated several times and did the steps of "Malicious Website Protection disabled", rebooted computer and it disabled itself after a few seconds.  Is there a way to fix this without reinstall the program? I have Premium v.2.0.2.1012.

I woke up this morning to again see my malicious website protection disabled.  At least the third time this has happened on this computer and also on my other.  I sure hope 2.0.3 fixes it but based on another post I would say no.

edit: Just turned on my other computer and it also has malicious website protection disabled.

Please don't tell me to do this or that.  Multiple reports at the same time.  The program is borked.

edit 2:  I tried the "fix".  Didn't work.  It is not an update that messed this up.  The program is messed and needs to be fixed.

edit 3:  Over the top update to 2.0.3 seems to have worked on computer 1 and all real-time protection is working.  But I fully expect the same problem to happen again...and again.  Sorry to say but at this point I have lost confidence in this program.

edit 4:  On computer two I decided to try and resolve this without installing 2.0.3.  Updating to the current database and rechecking enable MWP did not work.  Tried to run a scan and got an error.  It asked again if I wanted to update the database.  Yes but had to tell it no to the program update.  Ran a scan and now see MWP enabled.  I will have to remember this because as I said I have this happen multiple times on multiple computers and it wasn't due to a database error.

I'm having the same issue since this morning, no website protection. Updated several times and did the steps of "Malicious Website Protection disabled", rebooted computer and it disabled itself after a few seconds.  Is there a way to fix this without reinstall the program? I have Premium v.2.0.2.1012.

Hello Leweez:

Please follow step #5 in Malicious Website Protection disabled as it will most likely solve your current issue and bring MBAM up to the current release level.

You will be doing a simple install over the top of your existing version.

Thank you.

Ok.  I am a paid user of Malwarebytes Pro.  All was fine until I was told an update was available yesterday to 2.03.... I ran the update last night, shut down the computer.  Now I am among the masses of users who are having the same problem of no website protection.  All has been fine with my system BEFORE the update.  I performed all of the suggestions offered by the moderators to no avail.  Thanks for your help.

Hello Leweez:

Please follow step #5 in Malicious Website Protection disabled as it will most likely solve your current issue and bring MBAM up to the current release level.

You will be doing a simple install over the top of your existing version.

Thank you.

Ok, did that and it seemed to have corrected the problem. The Website Protection is now enabled. Premium version 2.0.3.1025 - Database version: v2014.10.14.08.

Many thanks!

Leweez

Hi all,

I've experienced the same problem with MBAM PRO today. (Windows 7 & kaspersky Pure being the other active protection.)

Malicious Website protection is disabled.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/158722-malicious-website-protection-disabled/

Steps 1-4 in the above fix link didn't work. I guess I need to dig up the Premium key before I can try step 5 shown in this link. 

Cu-sith.

"After updated yesterday which not only updated the protection data, but the reinstalled the entire program, it stopped showing up in the notification area of the Task Bar.  Today it is saying "Your System is not Fully Protected" with a "Fix Now" button that does nothing.  What's up? Oh - and there is no Order Number on my receipt, only a reference number and invoice number."

There is something wrong with the update - please correct and reissue a new one soon.

I followed the instructions below, and it seems now my protection is on, but it still is missing from the Notification area of theTaskbar (lower right).  I have XP - latest updates.  It was working fine immediately before the update yesterday.  

Hello Drayspencer:

Have you tried the steps in the pinned procedure below?

Please advise in a reply to this thread. Thank you.

I found the code I required in order for me to install the program,I then downloaded the cleaner and the program ready to uninstall and reinstall,I then noticed the icon in my task bar was normal,on opening the program I was back to protected again,makes no sense why it should suddenly be ok,after not touching it..a happy customer once again ;)