exile360

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.3 Released

Did a full shutdown and restart, got the same "Protection Disabled" message at startup, Fix Now button unresponsive, Malicious Website Protection set to Disabled upon startup, setting it to Enabled did nothing.

@MarkAW and jklcpa

Please restart your computers and then after the reboot and time for programs and MBAM to load then recheck for updates from MBAM and let us know the status

Ok rebooted waited for system to fully load i get a a message asking me to allow MBAM i do and then a pop up saying protection is disabled.

How do i add an attachment to prove to you i am not lying?

I didn't reboot but I had to restart Malwarebytes several times before I got the FIX NOW button to work.

For those who are still having problems, when you restart Malwarebytes click on Scan and make sure that it isn't trying to run a scan. Mine was trying to scan, so i cancelled it, shut the program down and restarted. I then was able to get the FIX NOW button to work. I then ran a successful scan and all looks well now.

I didn't reboot but I had to restart Malwarebytes several times before I got the FIX NOW button to work.

For those who are still having problems, when you restart Malwarebytes click on Scan and make sure that it isn't trying to run a scan. Mine was trying to scan, so i cancelled it, shut the program down and restarted. I then was able to get the FIX NOW button to work. I then ran a successful scan and all looks well now.

scan failed to run successfully is what i get. Tried again it updated again and now is running a scan but i still get Malicious website protection disabled., Malware protection enabled.

Correct, but did you then get another error message about a corrupted database?

Nope never got that message.

Downloaded and ran mbam clean, rebooted, downloaded latest version from malwarebytes . org installed/ updated and now EVERYTHING is back to normal!!! 1:48 am central

Now it's working database 2014.10.14.05. This was after it ran a scan.

Updated to the .05 database, restarted, problem still not resolved.

Checked the Scan tab, Scan not running. Started a Scan, let it fail, went baclk to the Dashboard and it still showed that the Scan was trying to Initialize. Went back to the Scan tab, started a scan again, then immediately canceled it. Dashboard still shows Scan trying to initialize

Please try the following @MarkAW or Czero101

Try deleting this file: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\rules.ref

Then open MBAM and check for updates again.

Went to start notebook, Win 7 Ulitmate 64 bit.....  1st problem for me - did a re-start. I have Protection Disabled, Fix Now does not work for me on notebook?  jpegs on request... will try re-start again

ver 2.0.3.1025

Manual, Malware Database, 2014.10.12.8, 2014.10.14.4, 

It is fixed (for me) on WIn 7, 64 Bit. Here is what I did. Restart, click on update, got 2014.10.14.05, then I restarted again and this time I am back to normal right after restart. I did not have to do anything after teh 2nd reboot. No issues.

Thank you for quick acknowledgment of the issue on the forums, I was able to safely know that my PC was not the issue. And I appreciate the fast resolution (in the middle of the night). Thank you!

Please try the following @MarkAW or Czero101

Try deleting this file: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\rules.ref

Then open MBAM and check for updates again.

As i said above it works now after it did a scan. thanks for the help. :-)

OK, so something weird ... alright, weirder... just happened.

Prior to my last post I undated to the .05 database. Dashboard showed "v2014.10.14.05".

After my last post, I updated the database again, waited while it downloaded and updatyed the system, then restarted MBAM.

Everything is working fine now, all protection active, but the Dashboard still shows Database "v2014.10.14.05". :huh:

Yes, that is the correct version of the database. So it would seem that possibly 2 reboots are needed?

Probably,  but the odd this is that my second last update took me to .05, then the last update kept me at .05, and both times I updated there was an active download.

Between the two updates I only exited and then restarted MBAM and did not do a system restart / reboot.

Regardless, my system is protected again and as others have stated, much appreciation for the quick response time on this :)

Yeah, 2 restarts for me fixed it. Just compleated a full system scan sucessfully with no issues via .05. Awsome, thanks again!

After a manually forced update and a hard reboot everything seems to work OK. It does require a hard reboot.
Thanks for the fast late night fix!

2 restarts did not fix my notebook, realtime protection not working? Do you want rules.ref removed?

Well I would not say a "hard" reboot as most seem to think of that as a forced manual shut down like pulling the plug. A normal clean, safe, restart is what we mean by reboot.