exile360

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0.3 Released

I was prompted to download and install version 2.0.3.1025 an hour ago. I immediately ran a successful scan. About thirty minutes later a warning popped up saying that malicious website protection was disabled, and like everyone else I cannot fix it. The "Fix Now" button does nothing.

Try going to your dashboard and click on UPDATE NOW.  After doing that, you may need to go into SETTINGS > DETECTION and PROTECTION and change MALICIOUS WEBSITE PROTECTION to ENABLED.

Try going to your dashboard and click on UPDATE NOW.  After doing that, you may need to go into SETTINGS > DETECTION and PROTECTION and change MALICIOUS WEBSITE PROTECTION to ENABLED.

That was one of the first things I did when I first noticed the problem. It says up to date and it still won't change. It still says Malicious Website Protection disabled no matter how many times I go to change it.

fblau, on 13 Oct 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:snapback.png

Version 2.0.3.1025 has a bug that shows the Malicious Website Protection as disabled and it cannot be activated.

This is pretty alarming.

I am having the same issues. Got a notification an hour ago saying Malicious Website Protection is disabled. Whenever I try to enable it, nothing changes.

Thanks.

Try the FIX NOW button on the Dashobard.

I guess like in post #2 above (by Firefox) the download already came down for me on my Windows 7 tower? The  Real Time Protection was not checked on starting the pc. I had to fix that in settings. and rootkit scanning was disabled/unchecked......I fixed that also.  @ exile360 let me know if you want me to do the download in your 1st post?      No pc re-start was asked for?             Huristic scan still slow at the last 1/4?   Thanks !!!!!! Nice work guys !!!!!!!!

PS: running MBAM Premium 2.0.3.1025

Current software: 2.00.3.1025

scan clean

I'm on ver .03 of the database now and the "fix" button on the dashboard is not working and the red warning stays there. If I go to to the settings area, I can click the enable that will stay checked, BUT the warning on the dashboard stays there. Also, there is no checkmark next to the malicious software protection when I right-click on the icon in my tray.

Ver .03 didn't fix anything for me. One area says it's enabled and another area of the program says it's not.  I don't trust that this is fixed by a long shot.

As many have noted, the Fix Now does not work, neither does manual settings. 
The current update from five minutes ago allows the scan to run without crashing the program,
but the Fix Now issue is still to be fixed.

I ran and downloaded an update. I then went to SETTINGS > DETECTION and PROTECTION and changed MALICIOUS WEBSITE PROTECTION to ENABLED. I then went to the Dashboard and still got the message that Malicious Website Protection is disabled. I then clicked on the FIX NOW button and got no response.

i am having the same problem with Malicious Website Protection is disabled. i have rebooted, checked for updates, gone to settings, DETECTION and PROTECTION and change MALICIOUS WEBSITE PROTECTION to ENABLED still get Malicious Website Protection is disabled. this is on a Win 7 64-bit system that is fully up to date.

For anyone still having problems with Malicious Website Protection:

1. Update the database (Dashboard > Update Now) ... it should update to v2014.10.14.04

2. From the system tray, exit Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

3. From the start menu (or desktop icon), restart Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

This should fix the problem.  If this (or any other problem remains), please create a SEPARATE forum post.  Let's close this one and move on.

Please check for updates and get the latest database. Then restart the computer and let us know if its working or not.

done that three times already and it still does not work, and that's just since i posted just above you.

Downloaded update v2014.10.14.04 and it seems to have done the trick. This time the FIX IT button worked, and I am now running a scan with no problems.

1. Update the database (Dashboard > Update Now) ... it should update to v2014.10.14.04

This should fix the problem.  If this (or any other problem remains), please create a SEPARATE forum post.  Let's close this one and move on.

I already had v. .04 of the database. I followed your instructions above and the problem persists. Def NOT fixed. Why close the topic and start more?

Just did that and still says the same as before disabled.

DId this, problem is still there. Fix Now button unresponsive. When MWB started up again, Malicious Website Protection was set to Disabled. Setting to Enabled had no effect.

@MarkAW and jklcpa

Please restart your computers and then after the reboot and time for programs and MBAM to load then recheck for updates from MBAM and let us know the status