Don't forget to check out the Blood Moon tonight

AdvancedSetup

• Root Admin

West Coast Drought keeps most of the clouds away for us (unfortunately as we really could use the water) and yes it did not reach the stage of this image until about 4:00AM for me.

I actually had to change my lens for this shot though and enhance brightness as the original image on my other lens was too dark without taking a very long delay which then adds blur to the image as the Earth and Moon are both moving. In the span of less than a minute you actually have to change the focus point as it will no longer be on the moon.

post-2065-0-77220600-1412793493_thumb.jp

Although I love your pictures, I do wish the West and and South West would get more rain and relieve the drought.  Our friends in Texas have gotten some G-d awful weather but not the right kind of rain.

Are you using a telephoto lens, on a tripod, with a remote shutter and did you do it in RAW format ?

What lens ?