Avira Real time and update problems

2clutch

So today i was going my daily routine which starts by checking my antivirus fw and windows updates and see if there was any problem and now there is or, was one.

I took a look at avira and saw that my pc wasnt protected and i thought it was weird as it was updated yesterday and it wouldnt give such a notification with a day-gap between updates. The truth is that it wasn't the update but the real time protection of the antivirus, it was turned off for some weird reason i tried to turn it on, said yes to UAC and it was running again, then i tried to update and there was an error 'access denied' for some reason.

At that point i was kinda freaking out as it really made me think that this could be a malware tho im really paranoid and use the said pc only for certain and secure things.

I read an answer from avira site and it says that on rare cases the update fail could appear but it would be gone by a system restart. I restarted the system everything seemed fine, except im suspicious about a 20mb update after this incident by avira, theres a low possibility that the AV is hijacked and downloaded whatever from whoever gave me the virus but i cant shake the feeling off, any ideas about this?

Hi:

We really aren't in a good position to advise about the functions and features of Avira, as this is the Malwarebytes support forum. :(
You might have better luck asking about that at their support site?

Having said that, if you are concerned that your computer might possibly be infected, then you might want to get some help checking it out.
I suggest that you might want to please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the preliminary steps to expedite the process.
A malware analyst will guide you through the scanning and cleanup process.

Thanks,