Just today I was with my brother when he turned on his computer to find that his profile was gone and replaced with a windows profile for "Johnny". We assumed that this is the person that last owned the computer, but we have had no luck trying to contact that person again. Since I felt impatient, I have tried going around the pass word by pressing the F8 key to get to safe mode with command prompts but found that I was lead back to the Window's profile list showing just Johnny. I have tried every safe mode option but the computer refuses to boot in safe mode.

Additionally, I have tried the "repair your computer" option and I am given a list of two profiles that I could choose to enter a password for (neither of them that I know). There seems to be no way of getting around this. I have followed the steps from this thread but as I just said I was unable to progress past "repair your computer" due to the password.
I have a good USB clear and ready if it needs to be used.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!