spyware protect 2009

Hi. Im new to this forum and I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but I just need someone to know. I recently was infected by the Spyware Protect 2009 virus and it's really beginning to annoy me. I've had this issue before and when it happened, I went to a place at my university that fixed laptops and they solved the problem for me but now that I am out of school, I need to fix it myself. I have malwarebytes already installed and when I attempted to run it, nothing happened. Actually, anything I try to run will not. I just keep getting the same popups. These are all the things I tried.

- running in safe mode and trying to scan.

- running in safe mode to remove spyware protect program.

- running malwarebytes scan.

none of these have worked and I really need to get this off my system asap. Please, if anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

James.

• Root Admin

Potential Malware infection issues to review to get MBAM running

You can also try this

Small util to randomize the name of MBAM.EXE

randmbam.exe

If none of those work then please follow the directions below.

Scan and post logs - read note at bottom in green

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?
  2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs
  3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.
  • Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.
  • Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.
  • Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.
  • If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.
  • Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.
  • There are often many others that require asistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review
  • NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.

Thank you but while waiting, I tried something on my own. I renamed Malwarebytes to yoyo.exe and it allowed me to run it. I ran it in safe mode with networking and it removed a lot of trojans and other corrupted files. It said that I needed to reboot in order to get rid of uacinit.dll. I did and scanned again and it's still there. Why is it still there and is there a manual way of removing this file?

Your computer is infected. It is best to do the following:

Scan and post logs - read note at bottom in green

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?
  2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs
  3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.
  • Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.
  • Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.
  • Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.
  • If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.
  • Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.
  • There are often many others that require asistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review
  • NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.