Mass Update of exclusions.dat file - Malwarebytes Premium

Is there a safe mechanism to update thousands of machines that have Malwarebytes Premium installed?  

I know moving over to Malwarebytes Enterprise would be a long term solution, but that isn't feasible in the short term.

A Windows 7 machine, the exclusions.dat file appears in several places:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

C:\Users\All Users\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Questions:

* How are these different for builds that aren't similar (Windows XP, Win8, etc.)?

* The exclusions.dat file is binary - any method to manually edit?

* Is the file protected? (if I write a Powershell script to overwite the file, what will happen?)

* If the exclusions are the same, is the exclusions.dat file the same for each machine?

Hopefully I can create a single exlcusions.dat file and then copy to an appropriate place on each desktop.

Any other suggestions on how to do this?

• Staff

If there are thousands of machines involved, its a safe bet that you are in violation of the license agreement.  There is a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business that is designed for the business market, which has command-line capability that would allow you to automate the process.  Premium is a consumer product, and does not offer command-line capability.

You may want to discuss this with Malwarebytes Sales, both to get on the right track as well as to solve your problem.