Cannot update or run scan

I have also tried running chkdisk and that comes up clean, ran tests that came with the Dell machine that ran tests on all hardware and that came up clean as well.  Tried a system restore and it ran but then restarted and said it could not restore.  Now when I go back the restore point is gone.  I have also pulled the drive out and installed it as a slave in another computer and ran malwarebytes which pulled some non malware off of the drive.

Hello and :welcome: :

Your logs show that the system is infected (and that you are not running the current version of MBAM).

First priority is to get cleaned up.

We can't work on malware diagnostics and removal in this sub-section of the forum.

So, for expert assistance, I suggest that you might want to please follow the advice in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.
It explains the options for free, expert help >>AND<< the preliminary steps to take to expedite the process.

>>As you have already run FRST, you just need to start a new topic in the malware removal section, including the same logs.
A malware analyst will guide you through the cleanup process and through getting MBAM updated and running.

>>Until then, I might hold off any further self-medication -- it could cause more damage and complicate the recovery.

(For example, MBAM is designed to be installed and run on the OS boot drive. Using it as you did to scan a slave drive is not recommended.)

Thanks,