BSOD: Mbamswissarmy.sys file

Hello and :welcome:

Let's try this first....

Thank You,

Firefox

Hi FIrefox

I uninstalled and reinstalled MBAM and everything seems ok !-..however, I want to note the following during the install:

• After the computer restarts, ensure that your antivirus is enabled and download the latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here and save it to your desktop. <---OK
  •  
  • Now close all open applications including your browser and again temporarily disable your antivirus as before and launch the Malwarebytes installer you just downloaded.<---OK
  • Please make sure to uncheck the Trial checkmark near the end of the installation. <---Did not see this "Trial" checkmark
  •  
  • Please make sure you check for updates at the end of the installation as well. The program should automatically update the database.<---OK
  • Launch the program and click on the Activation button. Then copy and paste your activation ID and Key into the dialog box. This should automatically enable Protection and offer to add an automated update schedule which you should allow or ensure that you create one on your own to keep the program updated.<----did not need to click Activation button/did not need to copy/paste  ID AND KEY--both already "activated" and Protection enabled -is this normal?
  • Now setup any file exclusions as may be required for your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and then enable your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.
  • Restart the computer again and verify that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is in the task tray running<---OK

Thanks again for your help...I only wonder if the process to install MBAM has become more "automated" or is something going on w/ my computer?

Deb

cleardot.gif

Hi:

Until @Firefox returns...

I'm glad the reinstall resolved your issue.

The new mbam-clean removal tool may leave behind some settings/files, including license info; so it's possible that you did not need to re-enter that info. (This is by design, to avoid damaging other Malwarebytes programs that might be installed on the computer.)

And, if you were not offered the Trial during the install wizard, then the most likely explanation is that it had already been used on this particular system, or that the reinstall automatically detected your previously licensed installation. It's OK to skip that part about the Trial.

If the problem recurs, or if you have any other issues or problems, then the 3 diagnostic logs will be most helpful: Diagnostic Logs. :)

Thanks,

• Root Admin

The logs indicate that the computer is either currently infected or is suffering damage that was more than likely done by a previous infection.

Application errors:
==================
Error: (09/22/2014 03:55:28 PM) (Source: PerfNet) (EventID: 2004) (User: )
Description: Unable to open the Server service. Server performance data
will not be returned. Error code returned is in data DWORD 0.

Error: (09/22/2014 03:30:26 PM) (Source: Application Error) (EventID: 1000) (User: )
Description: Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.5512, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x01460fef.
Processing media-specific event for [explorer.exe!ws!]

As we cannot work on malware removal or clean up in this sub-section of the forum I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

If you'd like me to assist you further with this myself then please say so in your new topic.

Thank you