Reinstalling Client - Installation Failed. Windows Installer Cache file was missing...

I had a client that wasn't getting updates so I uninstalled the it from the control panel.  Now, I can't get it to install again.  When I try a push install from the console I get the error message, "Installation failed. Windows installer cache file was missing, please use the uninstallation command to clean up the older version of Malwarebytes' Managed Client."  When I try to use the Client Uninstall from the console, it says the client is not installed.  I tried running mbam_clean.exe on the client computer, but that didn't work either.  Can't find any solution on this forum or anywhere else.  Any help?

For anyone else who has this issue, I found a solution.  I had to right-click on the installation .msi file and choose 'uninstall' (even though I had already uninstalled it from control panel), and wait for that to finish.  After that was done, I immediately reinstalled using the same .msi file and it worked.

• 2 years later...