Vista Firewall Control

YoKenny1

I am using Vista Firewall Control Free on my Vista Home Premium system and I am quite impressed by the application and I realize that Vista's firewall is quite comprehensive in relation to XP's firewall that is basically just inbound protection and provides little customization without a lot of work.

I am in a quandry as to update to Vista Firewall Control Plus so I am asking if others have experience with using the Plus update and if it is really necessary and what benefits there are with the Plus update:

http://www.sphinx-soft.com/Vista/order.html

I use the Plus version and I love it. It gives you the ability to put different programs into different "zones" meaning you can give programs only the necessary amount of network/internet access because it utilizes the extremely customizable rules that MS has for the advanced firewall built into Vista (and Windows 7). And yes, the firewall in Vista is an entirely different animal than the one in XP and is far more powerful :P . When I got the Plus version they were doing a special offer that if you gave them a good review on a web site or forum and emailed them the link they'd give you a free lifetime license so I gave my comments of my experiences with it on Download.com and sure enough, they sent the reg key ;) . Too bad they aren't doing it anymore, but I do believe they have a coupon code posted up on their site to get a discount and since it's good for life and compatible with Windows 7, I'd probably go for it.

I only see a discount for V1 to V2 but I am a new user

Upgrade 1.x to 2.0 Discount

Get 30% discount coupon for the upgrade now

However I have been promoting VFC on avast! forum

I received an email triggered by a PM from Vista Firewall Control support as I posted something in their forum I should not have and I asked why so they responded that it was not appropriate.

I appologised as I said I did not understand the rules of their forum as there weren't any posted which they have since corrected and have offered me a discount so I am waiting to see what happens.

The forum is hardly a month old so we are all learning as we go along.